Hi everyone! I am excited to share a recipe with you today! In my house, it's important that I know what I am feeding my family. When I buy something, I want to know what the ingredients are. I haven't looked at a box of vanilla pudding lately...and honestly I am afraid to look. When I found this recipe online, I was amazed at how easy it is to make. It is also very delicious! You can have it made in no time and your family will love it!
In a saucepan, combine honey, flour, and milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until it bubbles.
In a separate bowl, beat your eggs.
Combine one cup of the hot milk mixture to your eggs.
Stir the egg mixture into your saucepan.
Stir in your butter.
Add in your vanilla.
Your done. So Simple!
Let it cool and enjoy!
3 cups milk
1/3 cup freshly ground flour or cornstarch
1/2 – 3/4 cup honey or sugar
1 TBL butter
2 tsp vanilla
1. In a large saucepan, combine honey, flour, and milk. Cook and stir with a whisk over medium heat. Cook until the mixture starts to bubble. Cook 2 more minutes and remove saucepan from the heat.
2. In a small bowl, beat eggs and then gradually stir in a cup of the cooked mixture, continuing to stir vigorously.
3. Pour egg mixture into the saucepan and return to medium heat. Stir until nearly bubbly but not a boil. Reduce heat and stir for 2 more minutes.
4. Remove from heat. Stir in butter and vanilla.
5. Let cool for 5 minutes and serve warm.
6. Refrigerate uneaten portion.
I would love to have you visit me HERE for more delicious recipes!
Thank you so much Shay! Love how this recipe uses ingredients we all have on hand. Easy peasy and a lot better for you than the store bought stuff. Here are some of my favorite posts from Raising Dieter.