I am a mom of 3 girls. So we have lots of pink, lots of drama, lots of princesses, lots of tangled hair. So I do consider myself something of an expert in raising girls. In raising toddler and preschool girls to be exact. Some of the suggestions and ideas I have will work on or appeal to boys too, but I have just used them on girls. I hope you will join me every day this week as I share some advice for raising girls and some ideas to keep them busy!
Click read more to see our list.
A....Activities. Little girls like to keep busy. They have a lot of energy, excitement and curiosity about the world. I noticed early on that my kids were just not content to always be playing with a toy or playing with mom. I started creating activities to do with them that would be fun, challenging and allow them to express themselves creatively. They were such a hit with the girls that I started chronicling our adventures here on Mess For Less.
B...Bubble Wrap. Don't throw it out! You and your girls can do all sorts of seriously cool art projects with it. We have done many, but my girls loved making these super girly heart paintings. These are perfect for Valentine's day!
C...Cooking. All kids love to get in the kitchen and help make something and my girls are no exception. They have learned how to follow directions, measure and use basic math skills to create yummy meals and snacks.We have made many yummy goodies, but our favorites are Apple Pie Crescents.
D...Divas. Your girl may be more of a tom boy, but my girls are divas. They were born in play heels and princess dresses. I have given them plenty of boy and gender neutral toys to play with, but they always revert back to being divas. I have learned to just accept this phase in their development and know their personalities will round out eventually. If you also have a little diva, my advice is to wait it out. It can't last more than 18 years.
E...Entertaining. Allow your daughter to express her creative side by entertaining you. This could be as simple as putting on a puppet show, singing, dancing or putting together a marching band like my girls did.
Join us tomorrow for letters F-J of raising girls!
To check out the topics covered by the bloggers of KBN, click on the image below.
Don't forget to visit more ABC's below!
MOM TIPS & TRICKS:
- Being a Hands on Mom from hands on : as we grow
- Connecting with your Kids from One Perfect Day
- Family Field Trips with Kids from Edventures with Kids
- Fun Healthy Snacks for Kids from Juggling with Kids
- Kids Party Ideas from Mama Pea Pod
- Mama Survival from The Dizzy Mom
- Organized Home from Mamas Like Me
- Printables from Mama Miss
- Raising Boys from Boy Mama Teacher Mama
- Raising Eco-Friendly Kids from Kitchen Counter Chronicles
- Raising Girls from Mess for Less
- Raising a Healthy Kid from Living Life Intentionally
- Raising a Thinking Child from The Outlaw Mom
- Raising Toddlers from Home Learning Journey
- Raising a World Citizen from All Done Monkey
- Simply Celebrating Holidays as a Family from Inspired by Family Magazine
- Teaching Kids about Money from Carrots are Orange
- The Family Dinner Table from Connecting Family & Seoul
- Trying A New Experience with Your Children from 52 Brand New
- Values for Children from True Aim Education
Want more Mess? Subscribe via Email or follow us on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest