I am all about easy dessert recipes such as this No Bake Twinkies Cake and this Caramel Apple Dessert Pizza. This recipe for Crescent S’mores Bars certainly fits the bill. You only need 3 items to make them – crescent dough, Nutella and marshmallows. Last time I was grocery shopping, I found these handy crescent roll sheets which you can just roll out. If you can’t find them at your local store, regular crescent rolls will do, just seal up the perforations with your fingers before using the dough.
Crescent S’mores Bars
This post contains affiliate links.
I made these crescent s’mores bars in an 8 inch square pan which is the perfect size for cooking in a toaster oven. No need to heat up the oven or kitchen when you can just bake these in a toaster oven. Preheat the toaster oven or regular oven to 375 degrees.
Spray the pan with cooking spray. The tube of crescent dough sheets comes with one large sheet which you will need to cut in half for these crescent s’mores bars. Fit one of the sheets into the bottom of the pan. Put the other sheet aside to use on top.
Warm 1/3 cup of Nutella in the microwave for about 30 seconds to soften it a bit. This will allow for easier spreading. Spread Nutella onto the dough. If you are having a tough time with this step, simply warm it a little more.
Cut 10 large marshmallows in half and top the Nutella with 20 half marshmallows.
After you have covered the entire layer with marshmallows, cover with the second half of the dough sheet.
Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the top starts to brown. You may need to cover the top with foil if it starts to brown too soon.
Remove from oven and top with remaining Nutella and 12 marshmallow halves.
Return to oven for a few minutes until the marshmallows have started to brown.
You’ll want to make sure this cools a bit before serving, but try to serve it warm if you can for a true s’mores experience. The melted marshmallows and chocolate make this dessert absolutely delicious. My daughter declared it the best thing I’ve ever made. High praise indeed!
- 1 tube of crescent dough sheets or crescent rolls
- ⅔ cup of Nutella
- Large marshmallows
- Preheat toaster oven or regular oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray an 8 inch square pan with cooking spray.
- Roll out the sheet of crescent dough and cut it in half.
- Fit one of the dough sheets into the pan.
- Warm ⅓ cup of Nutella for 30 seconds in the microwave to make it easier to spread.
- Spread the Nutella onto the dough.
- Top with 20 marshmallows halves.
- Cover with second sheet of crescent dough.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the top starts to brown. If it starts to brown too soon, cover with foil.
- Remove from oven and top with remaining ⅓ cup Nutella and 12 marshmallow halves.
- Return to oven for a few minutes until the marshmallows have started to brown.
- Let cool and serve warm.
If you loved these crescent s’mores bars, check out:
This is a great recipe to make with kids and if you love cooking with your kids, you’ll enjoy kidstir. When you sign up for kidstir your child will receive a monthly kit that will provide fun food adventures for them. You’ll get tasty recipes and fun new cooking tools that will spark a love of cooking in kids. This is such a great way to create memories with kids in the kitchen.
Want more Mess?