I love muffins. I like to imagine I am practicing portion control when I am eating one. Of course the muffins I tend eat are from coffee shops and bakeries and are roughly the size of my head. When you make muffins yourself at home using a standard sized muffin tin, you can at least practice some portion control. Don’t get me wrong, I am not touting any of these muffin recipes as low calorie food options. But you can have one of these muffins and not feel guilty. You will also save a bunch of money by making them yourself rather buying them at your favorite overpriced coffee shop. These 25 Muffin Recipes include sweet and savory options and many are kid friendly. If your mornings are generally busy, make a batch of muffins ahead of time, freeze them and pop one in the microwave for a few minutes in the morning.
One of my favorite muffin making tips is to make a small batch. Halve or quarter a recipe and bake them in toaster oven. I use a smaller muffin tin that is made specifically for toaster ovens. This works great if you don’t have a big family or just want to try out a recipe.
1. Cheese and Vegetable Muffins from Learn with Play at Home
2. Pear Cinnamon Muffin from The Imagination Tree
3. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins from Happy Hooligans
4. Spinach Muffin Recipe from Mess for Less
5. Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Muffins from Kitchen Counter Chronicles
6. Lemon and Berry Muffins from Picklebums
7. Quinoa Cranberry Muffins from Family Food and Travel
8. Healthy Pumpkin Spice Muffins from Mama Papa and Bubba
9. Easy Blueberry Muffins from Mess for Less
10. Blueberry Cheesecake Muffins with Granola Topping from Pint Sized Treasures
11. Gluten Free Granola Muffins from The Chaos and the Clutter
12. Cinnamon Sugar Mini Doughnut Hole Muffins from Mama Miss
13. Lemon Zucchini Muffins from Picklebums
14. Strawberry Muffin Recipe from Mess for Less
15. Salted Caramel Pumpkin Muffins from The Educators’ Spin on It
16. Raspberry Oatmeal Muffins from Mom Endeavors
17. Pancake Muffins Recipe from Parenting Chaos
18. Orange Pomegranate Muffins from Almost Supermom
19. Carrot Muffin Recipe from Mess for Less
20. Easy S’Mores Muffins from Spaceships and Laserbeams
21. Chunky Apple Cheddar Muffins from A Cultivated Nest
22. Pecan Pie Muffins from Moms Confession
23. Butterscotch Pumpkin Muffins from Mess for Less
24. Chai Banana Bread Muffins from Natural Chow
25. Monkey Bread Muffins from Life Over C’s
I hearby vow to take a break from giant muffins and try some of these delicious muffin recipes. What do you say, are you with me?
DO YOUR KIDS LOVE COOKING?
I have long been a proponent of cooking with kids. There are so many things kids learn helping out in the kitchen. Math, reading, chemistry and cooperation and more are used while following a recipe.
Raddish is a monthly subscription box for kids that is a cooking club, culinary lesson, and mealtime solution all-in-one. Young children get to work with an adult, while older kids and teens independently indulge their culinary curiosity! And it’s perfect for picky eaters — kids who cook, eat!
A new kit is delivered to your doorstep every month!
Each kit features a new culinary theme! You’ll also get a shopping list emailed to you prior to delivery so you will be ready to cook. These kits are a great way for kids to develop new cooking skills and confidence in the kitchen while the entire family builds memories together. Find out more here.