This granola is not overly sweet, nor does it have large clusters of granola which are formed by adding more honey or syrup. I was trying to make something a little healthier. If you prefer a much sweeter granola, simply up the amount of honey you use in the recipe by a few tablespoons. I also omitted the salt from the recipe to keep the sodium down. You can add ¼ teaspoon of salt if you prefer.
You can store this Cherry Almond Granola Recipe in a airtight container for 2-3 weeks. Of course in our house, it didn't last that long!
Cherry Almond Granola Recipe
- 4 cups of old fashioned rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup almond slivers
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup dried cherries
2. In a large bowl mix honey, water, oil and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
3. Pour the oats in the bowl with the wet ingredients. Stir until the oats have been coated.
4. Spread the coated oats in a thin layer on a parchment covered baking sheet.
5. Bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes. Halfway through cooking, stir the granola around.
6. When it is done baking, allow the granola to cool and them pour it into a large bowl and add the almond slivers, golden raisins and dried cherries. Mix until everything is evenly dispersed.
For more breakfast recipes check out:
EAT AT HOME MEAL PLANS
Have you tried meal planning? While I love the results of not having to worry what's for dinner, it can be time consuming. But when you sign up for Eat At Home Meal Plans you get access to 4 separate meal plans each month (Traditional, Wholesome Traditional, Slow Cooker, and No Flour/No Sugar). Just print the plans, color-coded grocery lists, and recipes you want for the month. Don't worry, with so many options, even picky eaters will find something they love.
When dinner time rolls around, make that night’s recipe (choices include make-ahead, freezer meals, slow-cooker recipes, and other time-saving strategies) and you are ready to go.
You are a busy mama and I know you have more important things to do than meal planning. Let someone else do it for you with Eat At Home Meal Plans. Monthly, quarterly and annual plans are available.
Want more Mess?