These Citrus Cupcakes are the best cupcakes I have ever made! And I'm pretty good at baking cupcakes. I tweaked my traditional cupcake recipe and used a secret ingredient that made these super soft and fluffy. I was excited to share these with my kids who I knew would be ready for a yummy snack after some energetic outdoor play. Be sure to also try our Samoa Cupcakes. This post is sponsored by Tampico Beverages, but all opinions are my own.
The secret to these citrus cupcakes is Tampico Citrus Punch! It gives the cupcakes a burst of citrus flavor while making them super moist and fluffy! As an added bonus, you can enjoy drinking the Tampico Citrus Punch that you will have left over.
Since 1989, Tampico Beverages, Inc. has been one of the world’s leading manufacturers of high quality juice drinks. They have a variety drink flavors available in multiple sizes.
To make these delicious citrus cupcakes, simply mix the Tampico Citrus Punch into the batter. It's that easy!
Frost the cupcakes with your favorite frosting (I used store bought - don't tell!) and add an orange slice on top.
These citrus cupcakes made with Tampico will make a perfect after school snack for my kids. When they get home from school, I like to give them some time to play and decompress. They are always hungry after a play session.
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups of flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Tampico Citrus Punch
- Orange slices cut into quarters
- Preheat oven to 375. Prepare cupcake pan with paper cupcake cups.
- Combine melted butter and sugar with a mixer. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix for 2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Alternate adding flour mix and Tampico Citrus Punch to butter and sugar mixture in mixer while continuously mixing. Mix for 3-4 minutes.
- Fill each cupcake cup ¾ full.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Mix some orange food coloring into vanilla frosting and pipe onto the cooled cupcakes. Add ¼ of an orange slice to the top of each frosted cupcake.