I am all about easy dinner solutions. And it really doesn't get much easier than this 3 ingredient recipe for Hawaiian BBQ Chicken. You just need to plan ahead of time, then throw the ingredients in the slow cooker and a few hours later, you will have a delicious meal. You'll love the taste!
Why this slow cooker Hawaiian pineapple chicken is awesome
- This dish has a wonderful sweet flavor thanks to the combo of BBQ sauce and pineapple.
- A great way to add protein to dinner
- Since you cook it in a crockpot, dinner is ready when you get home from work.
- Chicken Breasts - use thawed chicken. For food safety reasons, I do not recommend using frozen chicken breasts in the slow cooker.
- Sweet Baby Rays Hawaiian BBQ Sauce - or your favorite BBQ sauce
- canned pineapple rings
Instructions for how to make this Hawaiian BBQ Chicken recipe
This crockpot Hawaiian chicken recipe could not be any simpler. Just 3 ingredients are needed! You can purchase the crockpot we used here.
Place chicken in the crockpot. We used one pound of chicken breasts, but you can add more chicken and still just use one can of pineapple chunks and one bottle of BBQ sauce.
Pour BBQ sauce over the chicken breasts and spread with a brush. Buy the basting brush we use here.
Place a pineapple ring on top of each piece of chicken and pour ½ cup of pineapple juice from the can over the chicken.
Cover the crockpot and cook on low for 6 hours. Remove chicken from the crockpot with a fork and serve. You can add more barbecue sauce if you wish.
Serve it over a bed of white rice or on buns. This Crock-Pot Hawaiian BBQ Chicken recipe is delicious, easy to make, and will make your house smell great! And, if you prefer chicken thighs over chicken breast, that works well too!
Crockpot Hawaiian BBQ Chicken
- 1 lb Chicken Breasts
- 1 bottle Sweet Baby Rays Hawaiian BBQ Sauce
- 1 can Pineapple Rings
- ½ cup Pineapple juice from can
- Place chicken in the crockpot.
- Smother with BBQ sauce.
- Place a pineapple ring on top of each piece of chicken and pour ½ cup of pineapple juice from the can over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove chicken from crockpot. If you want your chicken extra saucy, add more BBQ sauce.
- Serve & enjoy!
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
I love to serve this over some white or brown rice. You can also serve with a side of broccoli or sautéed peppers and onions.
You certainly can! I often don't have fresh pineapple on hand so I am sure to always keep a can of pineapple rings in my pantry.
You can store this in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Meal planning made easy
Have you heard aboutEat At Home Meal Plans? If the cost of eating out or the decision of what to make for dinner each night is stressing you out, then you must try these. When you sign up, you get access to four separate meal plans each month (Traditional, Wholesome Traditional, Slow Cooker, and No Flour/No Sugar). All you do is print the plans, color-coded grocery lists, and recipes you want for that month. Don’t worry, there are lots of options, so even picky eaters will find something they like.
Then when it is time for dinner, make that night’s recipe (choices include make-ahead, freezer meals, slow-cooker recipes, and other time-saving strategies).
That’s it! Dinner is on the table and you can enjoy a home cooked meal with the family – without the stress!