Post sponsored by Mirum Shopper. Opinions are 100% my own. Having a baby is one of the happiest times of a woman’s life. Months have been spent preparing and getting ready for the new baby. What no one tells you about being a new mom is that you will be inundated with opinions. They come from everywhere and many are well meaning. But all these opinions can cause confusion and make you doubt your choices. After some difficult experiences, I have learned that, ultimately, I knew what was best for me and for my kids.
Eight years ago I had beautiful twin girls. I was a first time mom and needless to say, I was elated, tired, and wanting to do everything I could to give my girls the best start possible. Every woman is different and her body responds differently to childbirth. I was shocked to discover that my body did not produce nearly enough milk for even one of my daughters. After weeks and weeks of trying and visiting numerous doctors and lactation consultants, I was left in a daze. Nothing had changed or gotten better and feeding times were hours long and a nightmare for me and my girls who were not getting what they needed from me. They were losing weight and not growing. I felt like a failure. I had fallen into a depression over the whole thing and spoke to a friend of mine who had experienced something similar. Hearing about her experiences and what she did, made me realize that I knew what needed to be done all along. I decided to introduce formula feeding.
My twins started eating with gusto and growing like weeds. I was no longer spending many, many hours a day getting just a few drops of milk to give them. I could actually spend time with them and bond with them. They were no longer screaming in frustration as I attempted to feed them. It was like a cloud had been lifted from me. My husband even got to join in the feeding fun.
Now, the decision to introduce formula, is one that was right for my family and our particular situation. But I fully believe that every mom is in charge of making whatever feeding decision she sees fit for her family, without judgement or recrimination. There are many feeding options available to new moms. Whether mom breastfeeds, bottle feeds, or supplements with formula, she is making the best choice she can for her baby. When it comes to feeding your baby, I believe “mother knows best.”
If you have decided to use formula with your baby, you’ve noticed that there are an overwhelming amount to choose from. Parent’s Choice® Infant Formula, which has been exclusive to Walmart, has been a leading choice with millions of parents across the United States.
Parent’s Choice® baby and toddler products are available exclusively at Walmart. In addition to saving up to $600 a year over alternative formulas, shoppers who choose Parent’s Choice® will discover an infant formula that is:
- Nutritionally comparable to more expensive national brand infant formulas, including Enfamil®, Similac®, and Gerber®.
- Compliant with FDA nutritional standards and the recommendations of the AAP – the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Clinically proven to support growth and development.
- Easy to digest and has been well tolerated by millions of babies.
- Clinically proven to be as well tolerated by infants as national brand formulas.
We tried a number of formulas with my girls. Some were not well tolerated by my babies, which resulted in lots of spit up upon clothes and messes to clean up. So finding a formula that is well tolerated by babies and easy to digest is of paramount importance.
Parent’s Choice® baby and toddler products include:
- Baby and Toddler Foods [Yogurt Bites, Cereals, Cereal Bars, Little Puffs®, Little Fruits®, Little Munchers™, and Little Wheels™]
- Toddler Formula for Older Infants
- Ready-to-Drink Pediatric Nutritional Beverages
- Pediatric Electrolyte Rehydration Solution and Powder Sticks
Parent’s Choice® formula is available at Walmart and comes in many varieties:
Parent’s Choice® Premium Powder Infant Formula
- Value Size 35oz- Makes 65, 4 oz. bottles
- Clinically proven to support growth and development
Parent’s Choice® Advantage Tub Powder Stage 2 Formula
- Value Size 35oz
- Suitable for babies 6-12 months
Parent’s Choice® Sensitivity Canned Powder Infant Formula
- Available in Value Size 33.2oz – Makes 59, 4oz bottles
- For fussiness & gas
Parent’s Choice® Gentle Infant Formula with Iron
- Available in Value Size 33.2oz – Makes 60, 4 oz. bottles
- For fussiness, gas and crying