Homemade Marinara Sauce Recipe
Homemade Marinara Sauce Recipe - this simple recipe will have you swearing off the store bought stuff!
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- 3 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- ¼ teaspoon of oregano
- ½ tablespoon of brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon of kosher salt
- a few leaves of basil chopped
- ground black pepper to taste
Heat the olive oil in a large pot and then add the garlic and onion. Saute for 5 minutes until they are lightly browned.
Add in tomatoes, oregano, basil, salt, and brown sugar. Stir and let simmer for 30 minutes.
When the sauce is done cooking, add pepper to taste.
Calories: 100kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Sodium: 277mg | Potassium: 309mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 215IU | Vitamin C: 10.2mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 1.4mg