Does anything look cuter on a Christmas tree than ornaments made by a child? Over the years we have made Glitter Ornaments and Popsicle Stick Christmas Ornaments. Today I will share an idea for possibly the easiest ornament we have ever made. We used a clothespin, coffee filter, glitter, and pipe cleaner to make this Angel Ornament Craft.
⭐Why This Craft is Awesome
This simple kids' ornament took 10 minutes to create, making it the perfect project for a kid with a short attention span. There are a few steps that require adult help.
- Coffee Filter - use a 3-inch filter.
- Peg-style clothespin - not the clip style that opens and closes
- Yellow or gold pipe cleaner - for halo
📋Step by Step Instructions
STEP 1: To start with, your child will draw a face on the top of a clothespin using a marker.
STEP 2: Fold one coffee filter in half and push it into the slot on the clothespin so that the edges stick out to look like wings. Attach it with some tape on the bottom so the coffee filter will not fall out.
STEP 3: Using a 3-4 inch length of pipe cleaner, create a halo.
STEP 4: Tape the halo to the back of the clothespin.
STEP 5: Have your child cover the wings in glue.
STEP 6: After they are done with the glue they can sprinkle on some silver glitter.
Angels love to sparkle!
We let our ornament dry overnight and then added a hook to the halo for easy hanging. Didn't our angel Christmas ornament turn out pretty?
Tip 1: If your child has difficulty squeezing a glue bottle, you can squeeze a bit of glue into a cup and they used a small paint brush for spreading the glue on the coffee filter.
Do I have to use silver glitter?
No, you can use any color of glitter that you want.
Can I paint the clothespin?
Yes, you can paint the clothespin white to match the wings.
🌟If you try this recipe, leave a star rating below or a review in the comment section. Be sure to sign up for my newsletter to get my latest recipes!
Angel Ornament Craft
- Coffee Filter (3 inch filter)
- White Glue
- Silver glitter
- Peg style clothespin
- Yellow or gold pipe cleaner
- Draw a face on the top of a clothespin using a marker.
- Fold one coffee filter in half and push it into the slot on the clothespin so that the edges stick out to look like wings.
- Attach it with some tape on the bottom so the coffee filter will not fall out.
- Using a 3-4 inch length of pipe cleaner, create a halo.
- Cover the wings in glue.
- Sprinkle on some silver glitter on top of the glue.
- Let the ornament dry overnight and then add a hook to the halo for easy hanging.
This looks like some good ideas for the grandchildren!
Made these today! Fun. Thank you!