Everyone is familiar with Twinkies, a sweet and creamy childhood treat. Did you know you could turn Twinkies into a delicious no-bake cake that will impress family and friends? All you need are 5 ingredients to make this No Bake Twinkies Cake for Spring! For more Easter treats check out our Easter Bunny Dirt Cups.
⭐Why You'll Love This Twinkie Cake
- Made with yummy Twinkies
- No need to warm up the oven to make a delicious dessert
- 40 minutes from start to finish!
- Just 5 ingredients!
- Twinkies - The Twinkie, with its cream center, makes the perfect base for a spring cake. The texture is similar to a sponge cake or pound cake.
- Instant vanilla pudding and milk - You will be preparing the pudding following the directions on the box.
- Strawberries- Add a refreshing flavor to the cake.
- Whipped topping - Like Cool Whip in tub, not can.
📋Step by Step Instructions For A No Bake Twinkies Cake
STEP 1: Use a 3.4 oz box of Instant Vanilla Pudding and 2 cups of cold milk. Prepare instant pudding according to package directions using milk.
STEP 2: Unwrap and place 8 Hostess Twinkies in an 8 x 8 pan. No need to slice Twinkies as they will fit in the dish perfectly.
STEP 3: Spread 1 ½ cups of pudding over the top of Twinkies, making sure they are completely covered.
STEP 4: Slice the strawberries and layer the strawberries over the top of the pudding layer.
STEP 5: Stir the slightly thawed whipped topping in a bowl until it is spreadable. Spread over the top of the strawberry layer.
STEP 6: Sprinkle some pastel-colored sprinkles on the top of the cake.
STEP 7: Serve this cake as soon as you take it out of the refrigerator.
As soon as you taste this No Bake Twinkies cake, it will bring back memories of your childhood. Everyone who tried this cake knew that it was made from Twinkies because of its recognizable flavor. People were amazed that a favorite snack could be used to make a dessert. Try this at your Easter or Spring gathering and watch eyes light up as people take a bite of the familiar and beloved Twinkie served in a new way.
Tip 1: You can use pre-made pudding or make your own with instant pudding mix. If you are using a pudding mix, make sure you have milk on hand as well, and prepare pudding according to package directions.
Tip 2: This is a great recipe for kids to help make. Believe me, they will be very interested in helping when they see you are making a Spring cake out of Twinkies!
How do I store this no bake dessert?
Store cake, covered, in the fridge for up to 3 days.
What else can I add to this Twinkies cake?
You can add sliced bananas in addition to the strawberries inside the cake.
What size casserole dish do you use for Twinkie pudding cake?
I used an 8 x 8 inch pan. If you want to use a bigger casserole dish, I would use more Twinkies and more of the other ingredients to fill it up.
What kind of milk do you use with the instant pudding?
I use whole milk in this no bake Twinkie strawberry dessert to make the pudding creamier, but you can also use low-fat milk.
🌟If you try this recipe, leave a star rating below or a review in the comment section. Be sure to sign up for my newsletter to get my latest recipes! When you sign up you get The 5 Essential Recipes All Busy Moms Need.
No Bake Twinkies Cake for Spring
- Use a 3.4 oz package of Instant Vanilla Pudding and 2 cups cold milk. Prepare instant pudding according to package directions using milk.
- Unwrap and place 8 Twinkies in an 8 x 8 casserole dish.
- Spread 1 ½ cups of vanilla pudding over the Twinkies.
- Slice strawberries and layer over the top of the pudding.
- Stir the slightly thawed whipped topping in a bowl until it is spreadable. Spread over the top of the strawberry layer.
- Sprinkle Easter or Spring themed sprinkles on top.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and serve.
- You can use pre-made pudding or make your own with instant pudding mix. If you are using a pudding mix, make sure you have milk on hand as well and prepare pudding according to package directions.
- This is a great recipe for kids to help make. Believe me, they will be very interested in helping when they see you are making a Spring cake out of Twinkies!