I love to bake, but I don't always have the time to do so. Can you relate? Sometimes preparing an elaborate dessert for guests seems like too much work. It is times like these when I enjoy making no bake desserts. This Chocolate No Bake Cake Recipe is perfect to make when you are short on time or during those hot summer months when you don't want to turn on the oven. As an added bonus, it uses one of my favorite childhood baked goods in a whole new way.
I used an 8x8 glass baking dish and was able to get nine square slices of cake from it. Place 10 Little Debbie® Swiss Rolls in the bottom of the glass baking dish. You'll want to place these as close to each other as possible, as they will be forming the bottom of your cake.
Next, you will be adding a layer of chocolate pudding. I simply bought a box of instant pudding and whipped it up with some milk in a few minutes. Spread the pudding evenly over the Little Debbie® Swiss Rolls.
Top the pudding with a some thawed whipped topping. Be gentle with this step so you don't get pudding in the whipped topping layer. I used a silicone spatula to spread the whipped topping.
As a finishing touch, add some chopped walnuts and chocolate chips to the top.
The hardest part of this no bake cake recipe is the 30 minutes you will need to wait while it sets in the refrigerator.
This no bake cake recipe will serve 9 square slices. I cut mine with a knife and removed it from the pan using a spatula.
I love the layers of chocolate and cream with the added crunch of nuts and chocolate chips. Hope you enjoy this chocolate no bake cake recipe.
Chocolate No Bake Cake Recipe
- Place 10 Little Debbie® Swiss Rolls in the bottom of a glass baking dish.
- Spread a cup of prepared instant chocolate pudding evenly over the Little Debbie® Swiss Rolls.
- Gently, top the pudding with 8 oz of thawed whipped topping. It is easiest to do this with a silicone spatula.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of chopped walnuts and 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips on the top of the whipped topping.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving. Store any leftovers in refrigerators.