Have you ever heard of dessert lasagna before? If not, I am going to introduce you to something that will be your new go-to dessert, especially during the hot summer months. Why is this dessert lasagna particularly good for the summer? Well, first of all it is delicious! But perhaps just as important, it is a no-bake recipe that will cool you off on a hot day. Come see just how easy it is to prepare this Dessert Lasagna with Cinnamon Pebbles.
If you are familiar with a traditional lasagna then you know that it is made up of layers of pasta, cheeses, sauce and meat. This no bake chocolate lasagna doesn't have any of those ingredients, but the layering concept is similar.
Why this Chocolate Lasagna recipe is awesome
- Tastes like ice cream
- With all of the ingredients layered, you are able to enjoy a variety of delicious flavors in a single bite.
- The perfect summer recipe
- whipped topping
- Cinnamon Pebbles for inside lasagna
- chocolate hazelnut spread
- graham crackers
- peanut butter
How to make no bake dessert lasagna
Use an 8x8 pan and spread some thawed cool whip on the bottom.
Add some crispy Cinnamon Pebbles on top of the whipped topping.
Top the Cinnamon Pebbles with melted chocolate hazelnut spread. I will warn you not to melt the spread too long or it will turn hard and be unusable. I speak from experience! Just heat it on the stove enough for it to be loosened and able to pour.
Cover the chocolate hazelnut spread with another layer of the thawed whipped topping and add some graham crackers.
Then add a layer of peanut butter, because peanut butter just makes everything better.
Top with another layer of whipped topping and add a generous helping of Cinnamon Pebbles for some added crunch and cinnamon flavor.
Freeze this for 4 hours to allow it to firm up.
You will need a good knife to cut through the frozen dessert lasagna. Check out those layers! Your family will be so thrilled when you dish this up!
This peanut butter lasagna is creamy, crunchy, chocolaty and nutty. The mixture of these ingredients is just delightful! My family now asks me to make it all the time and it's so simple to prepare, that I do.
Dessert Lasagna with Cinnamon Pebbles
- Spread 2 cups of thawed whipped topping into the bottom of an 8x8 pan.
- Add 1 ½ cups of Cinnamon Pebbles on top.
- Heat chocolate hazelnut spread until it has loosened and you are able to pour it. Don't overheat.
- Pour the melted chocolate hazelnut spread over the Cinnamon Pebbles.
- Spread 2 cups of thawed whipped topping over the chocolate hazelnut spread.
- Top with the graham crackers. You may need to break the crackers in half to get them to fit.
- Melt the peanut butter until you are able to pour it, and pour over the crackers.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over the peanut butter layer and sprinkle ½ cup of Cinnamon Pebbles on top.
- Freeze for 4 hours.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
You certainly can. I did not because when the whipped topping is frozen, it holds up pretty well.
Store this dessert covered in the freezer for up to a month.