One of the most popular posts ever here at Mess for Less is this recipe for Keto Crack Chicken in the Crock Pot. What has made that recipe take off? It is a delicious meal idea that if perfect for keto or low carb diets, but also a recipe that the whole family loves. Since everyone loves the flavor of crack chicken, I decided to try to make a casserole version.
This casserole is made with chicken, ranch dressing, gooey cheese and crisp bacon. This Bacon Ranch Chicken Casserole is easy to make and SO delicious. You will be making it again and again whether you are on a keto diet or not.
Why you need to make Keto Crack Chicken Casserole
- Can be made with chicken breasts or rotisserie chicken for simple meal prep
- Easy to customize - if you are not following a keto diet, add pasta or other variations
- Creamy, cheesy sauce that is just delicious!
- Chicken - you can use fresh chicken breasts, rotisserie chicken, prepared chicken strips...
- Bacon - adds a smoky flavor and a great crunch
- Shredded Cheddar - you can also use a mix of colby and jack cheeses
- Sour cream
- Heavy cream
- Ranch dressing - adds a tangy, sweet flavor
- Yellow onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make this Crack Chicken Casserole recipe
Before you start to prepare the dish, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
You will need 2 ½ cups of chicken. Place the chopped chicken into the bottom of an 8x8 prepared baking dish.
Cook up your bacon and chop it up.
Sprinkle half of the cooked and chopped bacon on top of the chicken. Then, sprinkle the diced onion on top of the bacon in the pan.
Next, add half of the shredded cheddar cheese.
In a medium bowl, mix eggs, heavy cream, sour cream, and ranch dressing and pour the mixture over the chicken and bacon in the pan.
Top with the remainder of the casserole with cheese and bacon. If you like things extra cheesy, feel free to use a little more cheddar. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Bake this keto crack chicken casserole for 35 minutes at 350 degrees. Cover with foil for the last 10 minutes of cooking time.
Remove from the oven and let the dish rest for 5 minutes before serving.
What to serve with crack chicken casserole
If you are looking to keep this keto friendly:
- riced cauliflower
- mashed cauliflower
If you have no dietary restrictions:
I hope you enjoy this keto chicken casserole and check out our other keto friendly recipes.
Crack Chicken Casserole
- 2.5 cups Chicken, cooked cubes
- 1 cup bacon, cooked and chopped
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoon sour cream
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook chicken and cut into cubes.
- Place chicken into the bottom of an 8x8 casserole dish.
- Sprinkle half of the cooked and chopped bacon on top of the chicken.
- Sprinkle the diced onion on top of the bacon in the pan.
- Cover with ½ cup of shredded cheese
- In a medium bowl, mix eggs, cream, sour cream, and ranch dressing.
- Pour over the chicken and bacon.
- Top with the remainder of cheese and bacon. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Cover with foil for the last 10 minutes of cooking time.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
For this recipe, you will need an 8x8 casserole dish.
I used chicken breast for this recipe, but boneless chicken thighs would work as well. Simply cook them and cut them into cubes. You can also use rotisserie chicken if you are looking for a quick and easy short cut.
You can refrigerate the leftovers for 3-4 days in an airtight container. You can freeze crack chicken casserole for 2 months in a well sealed freezer container.
GET YOUR OWN KETO TRACKERS
To make sticking to a keto diet easier, check out these Keto Weight Loss Tracker Printables. It is a 100 day Keto Challenge to keep you motivated and on track.
Healthy, high quality meat delivered to your door
They deliver 100% grass-fed beef; free-range organic chicken; heritage-breed pork, wild-caught seafood, and more directly to your door. Butcher Box brings you the healthiest, highest quality meat while causing as little harm as they can to the environment. They work directly with a group of family farms to get you the best meat out there. You choose your box and delivery frequency and get free shipping.
You could go around town looking for the best deal, but the quality of the meats and the sourcing won’t be the same. Check it out here and stock up your fridge!