This Instant Pot Crack Chicken is a simple recipe that is packed with flavor. It is made with shredded chicken breasts and topped with a delicious creamy sauce and bacon. It is the perfect weeknight meal for busy moms since it cooks up in just 15 minutes! You'll also love our Crack Chicken Casserole and Keto Crack Chicken in the Crock Pot.
⭐Why You'll Love This Crack Chicken Recipe
- Just 5 ingredients and a 15-minute cook time make this a simple recipe to prepare!
- Skip the buns and it is perfect for a Keto or low-carb diet
- Creamy chicken and bacon are a winning combination!
- Chicken - Use boneless, skinless chicken breast for this recipe.
- Ranch seasoning - You'll want to use an entire 1 oz packet. Do not use ranch dressing.
- Bacon bits - I used packaged bacon bits for ease of use, but you can also cook 4 oz of bacon and chop it up
- Chicken broth - Canned or fresh will both work.
- Cream cheese - This is what gives the dish its creamy flavor.
- Buns (optional) - You can use sandwich buns like I used, hamburger buns, or brioche buns.
📋Step by Step Instructions
STEP 1: Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
STEP 2: Pour ½ cup of chicken broth into the instant pot and add the chicken breasts.
STEP 3: Close the lid to the pot and turn the steam release valve to seal.
STEP 4: Set the pressure cooker to manual high pressure for 15 minutes.
STEP 5: When the cooking time is complete, do a quick release.
STEP 6: Remove the chicken from the pot and shred it in a bowl.
STEP 7: Set the pressure cooker to sauté mode and return the chicken to the pot.
STEP 8: Mix in the cream cheese, bacon pieces, and ranch packet contents until all the ingredients are blended.
You can serve this chicken with sandwich buns or in tortillas like a taco or in a wrap. Crack chicken makes a great topping for pasta. It can also be served with a side of rice.
Tip 1: Shred the chicken easily with these shredding claws. It makes the task a lot less work than doing it with two forks.
Tip 2: Use boneless skinless chicken breasts in this recipe. They will be the easiest to shred.
Tip 3: When using an Instant Pot, don't open the lid until the pressure pin drops.
Tip 4: If not serving right away, use the "keep warm" setting on the Instant Pot.
Yes, this recipe is keto-friendly. You can serve the chicken in lettuce wraps or with a side of zucchini noodles. It is a good source of protein.
You sure can! You can add one cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
You can store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
🍲Related Instant Pot Recipes
🌟If you try this recipe, leave a star rating below or a review in the comment section. Be sure to sign up for my newsletter to get my latest recipes!
Instant Pot Crack Chicken
- 2 Pounds Chicken Breast
- ½ Cup Chicken Broth
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 4 oz Bacon Bits
- 1 oz Ranch Seasoning Packet
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Sprinkle chicken with salt & pepper.
- Pour ½ cup of chicken broth into the instant pot and add the chicken breasts.
- Close the lid & turn the steam release valve to the sealing position.
- Set the Instant Pot to pressure cook at the manual high pressure setting for 15 minutes. When the cook time is complete, do a quick release.
- Remove the chicken and place in a bowl to shred.
- Turn the instant pot onto sauté.
- Add the shredded chicken. Stir in the cream cheese, bacon bits & ranch seasoning until all the ingredients are combined.
- Serve with buns and enjoy.
- Shred the chicken easily with these shredding claws. It makes the task a lot less work than doing it with two forks.
- Use boneless skinless chicken breasts in this recipe. They will be the easiest to shred.
- When using an Instant Pot, don't open the lid until the pressure pin drops.
- If not serving right away, use the "keep warm" setting on the Instant Pot.
- You can serve this chicken with sandwich buns or in tortillas like a taco or in a wrap. Crack chicken also makes a great topping for pasta. It can be served with a side of rice.
You had me at "ready in 15 minutes"! This is a perfect weeknight recipe and I know my kids, and husband will love it. It's also been a while since I've used my Instant Pot so this is the perfect recipe to pull it out for.
WHat a great chicken recipe to try on your IP. Thanks for sharing.
It looks so delicious and easy! This is such an easy and delicious recipe, I cannot wait to make it again!
This really is an addicting chicken recipe! Using ranch seasoning is such an easy way to load it with lots of flavor. I'll definitely be making this one again!
What a great recipe! This chicken has such good flavor, it tastes like it was slow cooked all day instead of coming together quickly in the instant pot. A quick and easy dinner the whole family will love!