You'll love the flavors found in this Caribbean Chicken in the Instant Pot. Spicy and sweet, this easy meal idea hits the spot. Using an Instant Pot to prepare dinner is one of my favorite things to do. Dinner is ready with minimal work and meal prep from me. If you are a busy mom, looking to get dinner on the table quickly, this recipe is one to add to your dinner rotation. Another winner to try is Peanut Butter Chicken in the Instant Pot.
Why Caribbean Chicken Instant Pot is awesome
- All the flavor of the islands!
- Moist and juicy chicken
- Cooks up in no time thanks to the Instant Pot
In this post, I'll use the terms pressure cooker and Instant Pot interchangeably since Instant Pot is a brand of electronic pressure cookers. Whatever you call them, you will not find an easier way to make dinner.
- chicken breasts
- fresh thyme
- white onion
- brown sugar
- ground cinnamon
- vine ripe tomatoes
- soy sauce
- orange juice
- cider vinegar
- Salt and cracked black pepper
How to make Instant Pot Chicken
For this Caribbean Chicken in the Instant Pot recipe, you'll be using your food processor in addition to your Instant Pot. This is the best food processor I have found. We have had ours for years and it is still going strong.
Add fesh lime juice, orange juice, thyme, cinnamon, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, brown sugar, jalapeno, and apple cider vinegar to your food processor and blend well. You can also use a blender.
Cut onions and tomatoes into quarters.
Place the chicken in the pressure cooker and top with quartered onions and tomatoes. Pour mixture over the top and stir well. Shake on salt and pepper.
That is all the dinner prep you need to do tonight! All that is left to do is to set the timer and wait for some juicy chicken. No need to marinade ingredients!
Set the Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker to manual high pressure for 20 minutes. After it's done counting, wait 5 minutes and release the pressure.
Chicken cooked in the pressure cooker really has a moist taste. It takes on the wonderful flavors of the spices in which it is cooked, which is a good thing when you are making Caribbean chicken.
I get my chicken from ButcherBox, which has the healthiest, best quality meat you'll find. Best of all, the prices are great and it's delivered to your door.
You don't need lots of time and prep to create a yummy meal that the family will love. So spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what you love with this recipe for Caribbean Chicken in the Instant Pot. This meal is so good, someone else will volunteer to do the dishes.
Caribbean Chicken in the Instant Pot
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 springs fresh thyme
- 1 medium white onion; quartered
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 large vine ripe tomatoes; quartered
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger; minced
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 jalapeno; deseeded and remove ribbing
- 2 limes; juiced
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- In a food processor, add in lime juice, orange juice, thyme, cinnamon, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, brown sugar, jalapeno, and apple cider vinegar. Blend well.
- Place chicken in the instant pot and top with quartered onions and tomatoes. Pour mixture over the top and toss well. Top with salt and pepper.
- Set Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker to manual high pressure for 20 minutes. Once it's done counting wait 5 minutes and release pressure.
- Serve with fresh pineapple and Caribbean rice.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
You can serve this Caribbean chicken with fresh pineapple and Caribbean rice and black beans. It also pairs well with mango salsa.
You can store this in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Yes, thighs will work as well.