This Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Bake is a favorite in my family. It is simple and straightforward to make, as most comfort food is, and is a great way to get kids eating more protein and veggies. The creamy, cheesiness of this dish makes it a hit! If you are looking for an easy dinner casserole that will work it's way into your regular rotation, this is it!
Why this Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Pasta is awesome
- An easy way to get kids to eat more veggies
- Protein, carbs and veggies all in one dish
- Everyone loves the cheesy flavor
- penne pasta
- olive oil
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- Alfredo sauce
- Parmesan cheese
- cooking spray
- shredded mozzarella cheese
How to make chicken broccoli alfredo recipe
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Set a large pot to boil for the pasta. While the penne pasta is cooking, cut up your boneless, skinless chicken breasts and season them with salt and pepper. Add the chicken to a large skillet coated with olive oil. Cook over medium-high heat until the chicken is no longer pink.
Drain the pasta when done, and return to the stock pot. Add in the fresh broccoli florets, chicken, jars of Alfredo sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Stir well.
Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Pour mixture from stock pot into the casserole dish and top with the Parmesan cheese.
Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella to the top of the dish.
Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes. I love serving this with a salad and some garlic bread.
I love how easy this meal is to make thanks to a supermarket short cut like jarred Alfredo sauce. When you have a busy schedule and are just trying to get a yummy meal on the table, this is a huge time saver.
If you want to make meal planning a breeze, check out Eat At Home Meal Plans. They make my life a lot easier!
Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Bake
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large head of broccoli cut into florets
- 2 16 oz jars of Alfredo sauce
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- cooking spray
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Set a stock pot to boil for the pasta. While the penne pasta is cooking, cut up your boneless, skinless chicken breasts and season them with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken to a pan coated with olive oil. Cook over medium heat until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Drain the pasta when done and return to the stock pot. Add in the broccoli florets, chicken, Alfredo sauce, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Pour mixture from stock pot into the casserole dish and top with the Parmesan cheese.
- Add the shredded mozzarella to the top of the dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
You can cover it with foil and store in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
Yes, that is a great shortcut that makes the dish even quicker since the rotisserie chicken is already cooked.
This meal would go perfectly with a side salad and some crusty bread or garlic bread.
You add it when you add the alfredo sauce. Sorry it didn't specify. Just changed it.
I didn't make this yet, but it looks good. My question is when do you add the garlic powder?
Sounds like a yummy addition!
I took this recipe and made it in my old Ninja crockpot cooker. I took a different spin on the chicken by marinading the chicken breast in Italian Dressing then browning it in my Ninja. Then cooked the penne pasta. After the chicken was browned on the outside, I added the Sauce, Shredded Parm Cheese and fresh Brocolli. Cooked on low for 3 hours. Its so good. I was able to refresh with heavy cream to serve as left over. Yummy.
Can this recipe be frozen?
I made this dish and it was delicious. You failed to add the amount of time for baking and when to add the mozzarella. I mixed half the cheese in the casserole and sprinkled the rest in top. Left in oven until cheese started turning golden. Next time I will pre cook the broccoli, it was a little tough. But we did enjoy the casserole.
We loved it. Had a serving for leftovers and didn’t last long the next day! 😊 Will be making again.
Mmmm...this looks great. Can't wait to try this out. Love how easy this is for any weeknight!
Oh yes. This recipe is my son's favorite.
i love chicken and brocolli casseroles. and this recipe turned out great. extra cheesy and bursting with flavor. pleased my 3 very picky kids. thats a win in my book.
I know this will be a huge hit in our house. Pasta is always a winning idea!
This looks so comforting, I can totally see why this is a family favourite!
This looks so tasty. I don't know why I like broccoli so much in my pasta dishes, but it is the perfect combination for some reason! Can't wait to make this version!!
This looks like the ultimate comfort food!! Definitely making this sometime this week!!