Are you looking for an easy brunch idea with tons of flavor that will feed a crowd? In an effort to reduce stress, I have come up with this breakfast casserole recipe that includes sausage, eggs, cheese, bread - you know -all the good stuff! This Overnight Egg Casserole will allow you to enjoy more time with your family and less time cooking and cleaning. Be sure to also check out our Easy Breakfast Casserole.
This post has been sponsored by Bounty, but all opinions are my own.
⭐Why You'll Love This Overnight Egg Casserole
- This easy breakfast casserole can be made the night before and popped into the oven in the morning.
- The recipe is simple and tasty and it’s an excellent choice for breakfast and brunch.
- This hearty egg-based breakfast keeps you satisfied a long time. It’s a cheesy, tasty way to start a long day.
- breakfast casserole with bread and hash browns
- cooked sausage links
- large eggs
- shredded cheddar cheese - you can use a mild or sharp cheddar cheese
- slices of white bread
- shredded hash browns
- salt and pepper
📋Step by Step Instructions For An Overnight Breakfast Casserole
STEP 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8 baking dish.
STEP 2: Start off by cooking 10 sausage links in the microwave or in a skillet according to the package directions. When cooking something like sausage links, make sure to line your plate with super absorbent Bounty.
STEP 3: Chop cooked sausage into bite-sized pieces.
STEP 4: Cut bread slices into cubes.
As you can see, I used a lot of eggs in this recipe and I made sure to put the shells on some Bounty before I moved them to the compost bin.
STEP 5: In a large bowl, whisk eggs then add cheese, cooked sausage links, cubed white bread, and milk and set aside.
STEP 6: Spread 2 cups of shredded hash brown potatoes onto the bottom of the greased 8x8 pan.
While transferring the ingredients, I accidentally spilled some of the egg mixture onto the counter. Luckily, I had Bounty on hand.
I spray on some cleaner and in just a few moments my counter looks sparkly clean. Bounty really comes in handy for the cleanup!
STEP 7: Pour egg, cheese, sausage, and bread mixture over top. Add salt and pepper.
STEP 8: If you are cooking this right away, place in a 350-degree oven for 40 minutes.
If you are making this the next morning, you can cover it and place it in the refrigerator overnight. This overnight egg casserole recipe can sit refrigerated until the morning. In the morning simply pop the pan in the oven for 40 minutes.
One of the things I love about this breakfast casserole is that it has a little of everything. Bread, eggs, sausage, potatoes and cheese in every yummy mouthful! Easy cheesy and delicious! A lot of my readers love preparing this for Christmas morning. Whatever day you make it, it is delicious!
🧹Keeping The Kitchen Clean While Preparing Breakfast
To get through the holidays stress-free, I make sure to do as much as I can beforehand. That means I make and freeze cookie dough that I can just thaw and bake when the need arises, stock up on Bounty so I can enjoy every minute and not think about the mess, and prepare some easy holiday meals ahead of time that can just be thrown into the oven when needed.
One of my favorite holiday meals to prepare is this overnight egg bake. I can prepare it the night before, refrigerate, and bake it in the morning. I love when my extended family can wake up to hot cups of coffee and a warm breakfast.
We use Bounty every day, but I always make sure to have some extra on hand when I know I will be having holiday company. Since we will be having seven people stay with us over the holidays, I don't want to run out of paper towels. Let's face it, even guests with the best intentions make messes. Plus, if you are anything like me, preparing holiday food always causes a mess.
Tip 1: For a little extra spice, top with hot sauce or salsa.
Tip 2: This recipe uses sliced sandwich bread which you will cut into cubes. You can use the crusts as well.
Do I have to make this overnight breakfast casserole the night before?
You don't have to prepare this as a make-ahead recipe. You can make it just before you stick it in the oven. It is a very versatile recipe.
How do I store this breakfast casserole?
Once baked, you can store the leftovers of the casserole in the fridge in a covered container for up to 5 days.
What else can I add to this egg casserole?
So many options! Some of my favorites are veggies like bell peppers and onions, ham and bacon.
🌟If you try this recipe, leave a star rating below or a review in the comment section. Be sure to sign up for my newsletter to get my latest recipes! When you sign up you get The 5 Essential Recipes All Busy Moms Need.
Overnight Egg Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8 pan.
- Cook 10 sausage links in the microwave according to package directions.
- When cooked, chop up sausage into bite sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs then add cheese, cooked sausage links, cubed white bread, and milk and set aside.
- Spread 2 cups of shredded hash brown potatoes onto the bottom of the greased pan.
- Pour egg mixture over top. Add salt and pepper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or cover and refrigerate overnight and bake in the morning.
- For a little extra spice, top with hot sauce or salsa.
- This recipe uses sliced sandwich bread which you will cut into cubes. You can use the crusts as well.