When I have to make breakfast for a crowd, whether it be family or a potluck, I am looking for easy and delicious. As the mom of small kids, I don’t have lots of time in the morning. My favorite breakfast recipes are those where I can do all of the meal prep the night before and just pop something in the oven in the morning when things are more hectic. This Sausage, Egg and Biscuit Breakfast Casserole contains all my favorite breakfast items in one dish. If you have ever indulged in a biscuit with sausage and egg at your local fast food establishment then you know those flavors just work. Did I mention that it’s super cheesy too? Just because. When you’re done here, try our Cheesy Bacon Breakfast Casserole and if you have little ones at home you will love these 15 Toddler Recipes.
This post contains affiliate links, so if you buy a linked item I get a small commission. For more information please read my disclosure.
Sausage Egg and Biscuit Breakfast Casserole
This breakfast casserole recipe is so easy to prepare because it uses refrigerated biscuit dough.
I cut each biscuit into six pieces. The easiest way to do this is to use a pizza cutter.
For this breakfast casserole recipe I used a 3 quart casserole dish. I am all about my casserole dish with carrier. It makes it so easy to take this breakfast to a meeting or gathering.
I used eight frozen sausage patties for this breakfast casserole. Just heat and cut into small pieces. Bacon would work well too. Mmmmm…bacon.
You just layer all your ingredients into the casserole dish.
Add some eggs and milk.
Don’t forget the cheese! Once your pour the eggs and cheese on top you can bake it or place it in the refrigerator overnight and bake it the next morning.
When you wake up, pop it in the oven and try and be patient as this Sausage, Egg and Biscuit Breakfast Casserole cooks up. It is worth the wait and is so good you won’t have a crumb left just like our Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole.
Sausage, Egg and Biscuit Breakfast Casserole - Food Fun Friday
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 8 pieces
This hearty breakfast can be made the night before and is perfect for a holiday morning!
- 16 oz container of biscuits
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1½ cups of shredded cheddar/jack mix
- 2 cups cut up breakfast sausage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Open up a package of biscuits and cut each into 6 pieces.
- Spread cut biscuits in the bottom of the greased casserole dish.
- Cook breakfast sausage according to package directions. Cut into bite sized pieces and spread over top of biscuits.
- Sprinkle ½ cup of shredded cheese over the sausage.
- Beat 6 eggs with milk and pour over the biscuits and sausage.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top and add a shake of salt and pepper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes until the eggs are set.
If you are looking to feed a family and save money with make ahead meals, then one of the best resources I have found is MyFreezEasy. You will be able to create your own meal plans so you can make 10 to 12 meals for your freezer in less than one hour. You can choose from gluten free, slow cooker and clean eating options. You’ll be able to get 10 meals into your freezer without spending all afternoon in the kitchen.
You will also love:
Want more Mess?