If I could, I would eat Italian food every day. This may have something to do with my being raised by a mother and grandparents who immigrated to the US from Italy. All I ate as a kid was Italian food. I have distinct memories of heading to the local Italian deli or salumeria, as it was known, to pick up freshly carved deli meats such as ham, salami and pepperoni. When we got home I would open up the packages and start eating the meats right away, not even waiting to make a sandwich. They were that good. When I tried Oscar Mayer Old World Style Pepperoni and Salami products, I was brought back to my childhood memories of the deli. I was so inspired by the fresh, authentic taste that I created a Toasted Italian Sandwich that has become my new favorite lunch. Try it and see if you don’t agree! I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Toasted Italian Sandwich
I am not the only one that is obsessed with Italian sandwiches. Have you noticed they are everywhere lately? Oscar Mayer Old World Style Pepperoni and Salami products were created so that people can enjoy those same kinds of sandwiches on the go and at home. You can find Oscar Mayer Old World Style products in the refrigerated-meat section at retail stores nationwide.
Oscar Mayer’s Old World Style line of meats comes in four new varieties: Classic Salami, Cracked Black Pepper Salami, Classic Pepperoni and Turkey Pepperoni. They are all sliced and ready to go into your next sandwich. In addition to making an amazing sandwich, these meats are a great source of protein because they contain up to 8 grams per serving. If you want deli fresh, authentic Italian flavor, try them next time you brown bag it, have a picnic, or are packing a school lunch.
This post contains affiliate links.
To make the Toasted Italian Sandwich, cut the ciabatta roll in half and toast each half for a few minutes until the edges start to brown a bit. I used the toast feature on my toaster oven for this step. Spread the pesto sauce on the top slice of roll and spread the sun-dried tomatoes on the bottom slice of roll.
Next, pile on your smoked ham, salami, black pepper salami, pepperoni and turkey pepperoni and top with the mozzarella slices.
Toast the bottom half of the sandwich for a few minutes until the mozzarella melts and the Oscar Mayer meats warm up. You do not need to toast the pesto side again.
Slice in half and serve warm. This Toasted Italian Sandwich has become the new go-to sandwich at my house. Seriously, it is better than you will find at your local sandwich shop and it is super simple to assemble. The toasted crust of the bread slathered with pesto on one side and sun-dried tomatoes on the other, really complements the fresh, old world style meats inside. The classic and turkey pepperoni add just the right amount of spice to this sandwich. If spice is not your thing, leave out the pepperoni and just use the Oscar Mayer Classic Salami and Smoked Ham. Either way, you are sure to kick your normal sandwich routine up a notch!
Toasted Italian Sandwich - Food Fun Friday
This Toasted Italian Sandwich will become your new lunchtime favorite!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 1 sandwich
Calories 860 kcal
- 1 Ciabatta roll
- 1 tablespoon pesto sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- Sliced mozzarella 2 slices
- 3 slices Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh Smoked Ham
- 1 slice Oscar Mayer Old World Style Classic Salami
- 1 slice Oscar Mayer Old World Style Cracked Black Pepper Salami
- 1 slice Oscar Mayer Old World Style Classic Pepperoni
- 1 slice Oscar Mayer Old World Style Turkey Pepperoni
- Cut the ciabatta roll in half and toast each half for a few minutes until the edges start to brown a bit.
- Spread the pesto sauce on the top slice of roll and spread the sun-dried tomatoes on the bottom slice of roll.
- Pile on your smoked ham, salami, black pepper salami, pepperoni and turkey pepperoni and top with the mozzarella slices.
- Toast the bottom half of the sandwich for a few minutes until the mozzarella melts and the meats warm up. You do not need to toast the pesto side again.
- Slice in half and serve warm.
Toasted Italian Sandwich - Food Fun Friday
Amount Per Serving
Calories 860 Calories from Fat 549
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 22g138%
Vitamin A 300IU6%
Vitamin C 2mg2%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
If you enjoyed this Toasted Italian Sandwich, you’ll love: