Instant Pot Teriyaki Wings are the ideal option if you're searching for an easy appetizer. These wings have a sweet and flavorful teriyaki sauce coating that will make your taste buds dance. They are crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. The wings are prepared in an Instant Pot, and the pressure cooking process gives the wings a taste you won't get with baking or frying. Also, the Instant Pot allows you to prepare these Instant Pot Teriyaki Wings Recipe in less than 30 minutes! Check out the Must Have Instant Pot Accessories you didn't know you needed.
⭐Why This Recipe Works
- Fast and simple: Making pressure cooker wings is easy since it shortens the cooking time and the hands-on steps involved.
- Using pressure cooking results in tender, juicy, and tasty wings.
- Pressure cooker teriyaki chicken wings are a popular appetizer, and cooking them in the Instant Pot makes it simple to produce large amounts, which makes them ideal for entertaining.
- Chicken Wings - A bag of frozen wings works fine. You can also use fresh wings.
- Brown Sugar - Packed; I used light brown sugar
- Soy Sauce - I used a variety with less sodium
- Sriracha - This is optional if you want to add some spice
- Salt & Black Pepper - To taste
- Sesame seeds - Provide a nutty flavor and crunchy texture to the dish
📋Step by Step Instructions
STEP 1: Add ½ cup of water to the Instant Pot.
STEP 2: Place the trivet inside the instant pot.
STEP 3: Pat the chicken wings dry and place them on top of the trivet.
STEP 4: Sprinkle the wings with salt and pepper.
STEP 5: Make sure the lid is closed tightly and set the Instant Pot to cook for 10 minutes at Manual High Pressure.
STEP 6: Once the wings have completed cooking, do a quick release to release pressure from the pot.
STEP 7: Combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, and optional sriracha in a large bowl.
STEP 8: Remove the chicken wings from the pressure cooker and place them in the bowl with the sauce you just made. Toss the wings in the sauce mixture.
STEP 9: Before serving, sprinkle a teaspoon of sesame seeds on top of the sauced Instant Pot chicken wings. If you wish, you can also top the wings with chopped green onions.
Tip 1: Tongs are very helpful for removing the chicken from the Instant Pot.
Tip 2: If you are short on time, you can use ½ cup of store-bought teriyaki sauce in place of the homemade sauce.
Do you use whole wings in this Instant Pot Teriyaki Wings Recipe?
If you are using fresh chicken wings, you need to split them at the joints to separate them into two parts.
How do you store Instant Pot teriyaki chicken wings?
You can store the wings in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
🍲 Related Recipes
🌟If you try this recipe, leave a star rating below or a review in the comment section. Be sure to sign up for my newsletter to get my latest recipes!
Instant Pot Teriyaki Wings Recipe
- Pour the water into the instant pot.
- Place the trivet inside the instant pot.
- Pat dry the chicken wings and place them on top of the trivet.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Secure lid and cook on Manual High Pressure for 10 minutes.
- When cooking has finished, perform a quick release.
- Combine the soy sauce, brown sugar & optional sriracha.
- Shake the wings in the mixture.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
- Tongs are very helpful for removing the chicken from the Instant Pot.
- If you are short on time, you can use ½ cup of store-bought teriyaki sauce in place of the homemade sauce.