It takes just five ingredients to make this delicious chicken teriyaki that your family will request again and again. Start out by chopping some onions and peppers. I used red peppers because that is what I had on hand, but green peppers would work well too. Cut some defrosted or fresh chicken breast into bite size pieces and cook until no longer pink. At that point, add in the chopped onions and cook for a few more minutes. Lastly, add Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Marinade and cook with the chicken and veggies until the sauce thickens.
I served the chicken teriyaki over a bed of white rice. I made the rice in our pressure cooker, so it just took 30 minutes to cook up. Cooking the rice was the longest part of this process and it still only took a half and hour. Once the chicken was defrosted, the meal came together in no time. You can have a restaurant quality meal on the table in under 40 minutes. This dish is a lifesaver on busy nights.
This easy chicken teriyaki dish has become part of our rotation of meals. The flavor of the Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Marinade is spot on. Make sure to scoop some extra sauce that is leftover in the pan and pour it over the chicken when serving. If you serve it with rice, like I did, the sauce will seep into the rice for the best rice you’ve ever tasted.
Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyake Marinade is simple to use. How simple? Well, if you can pour, you can use it. You can find it at Target where you can Save 20% with the Target Cartwheel app.
- ¾ cup chopped yellow or white onion
- ¾ cup chopped red pepper
- 1½ pounds of boneless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon of canola oil
- ½ cup Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Marinade
- Cut defrosted or fresh skinless, boneless chicken breast into bite size pieces and cook in oil in a large saute pan until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the chopped onions and peppers to the saute pan with the chicken and cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Marinade and stir to coat the chicken and vegetables with the sauce.
- Reduce heat to low and cook until sauce thickens a bit.
- This can be served over rice if desired.