Chinese Spaghetti, commonly referred to as chow mein or lo mein, is a tasty meal that cooks in just 20 minutes. This recipe includes spaghetti noodles, a savory sauce made with soy sauce and other seasonings, vegetables, and ground beef. Chinese spaghetti is a quick and simple dinner (mush like these Instant Pot Teriyaki Wings Recipe) making it a wonderful alternative for hectic weeknights. 3 Ingredient Asian Slaw makes a great side for this dish.
⭐Why This Recipe Works
- Chinese spaghetti noodles are ready in just 20 minutes!
- Full of vegetables and protein
- Cheaper to make at home than takeout
- Spaghetti - You can also use egg noodles or lo mein noodles
- Carrots - Shredded. You can shred your own or buy them pre-shredded.
- Fresh spinach - You can use bagged fresh spinach, but I would avoid frozen spinach
- Ground beef - You can use ground turkey or chicken if you wish.
- Olive oil - I like olive oil for it's health benefits, but you can use an oil of your choice
- Light soy sauce - More mild flavor and a little less salty
- Dark soy sauce - Dark and has a more intense flavor
- Sesame oil - Adds a nutty, earthy taste and is best used in small quantities
- Chili garlic sauce - This is optional as this makes it spicy and isn't needed unless you like some spice
📋Step by Step Instructions
STEP 1: Cook spaghetti according to the directions on the package in a large pot. Drain, return to pot, and set aside.
STEP 2: Add ground beef and olive oil to a large skillet or wok. Cook beef on medium heat until the beef has browned and is slightly crispy. Add in the half-onion rounds and saute with the beef for two minutes.
STEP 3: Add spinach to the pan and saute for one minute.
STEP 4: Next, add shredded carrots. Cover the pan and turn off the heat.
STEP 5: In a small bowl, add light and dark soy sauces, sesame oil, and chili garlic sauce if you are using it. Mix.
STEP 6: Pour the sauce mixture into the pot with the drained spaghetti.
STEP 7: Top with ground beef mixture, mix and serve.
Tip 1: You can garnish this dish with some chopped green onions if you wish.
Tip 2: You can add other vegetables to this recipe if you wish. Some good ones are mushrooms, bean sprouts, and bell peppers.
Tip 3: If you don't have light and dark soy sauce you can just use one type, just make sure you use the correct amount listed for both in the recipe.
You can use ground turkey, ground chicken, and tofu.
You can store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
🌟If you try this recipe, leave a star rating below or a review in the comment section. Be sure to sign up for my newsletter to get my latest recipes!
🍲 Related Recipes
- 16 oz spaghetti pasta
- ½ cup carrots; shredded
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 white onion cut into half rounds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- Cook spaghetti according to the directions on the package. Drain, return to pot and set aside.
- Add ground beef and olive oil to a skillet or wok. Cook until the beef has browned and is slightly crispy. Add in the half onion rounds and saute with the beef for two minutes.
- Add spinach to the pan and saute for one minute.
- In a bowl, add light and dark soy sauces, sesame oil, and chili garlic sauce if you are using it. Mix.
- Pour the sauce mixture into the pot with the drained spaghetti.
- Top with ground beef mixture, mix and serve.
- You can garnish this dish with some chopped green onions if you wish.
- You can add other vegetables to this recipe if you wish. Some good ones are mushrooms, bean sprouts, and bell peppers.
We love chow mein! This is a perfect dish to make with pantry basics and whatever you have in the fridge. Sounds and looks delicious!
Love Chinese food and had the best pasta ever in Beijing. This sounds like my type of spaghetti!
Such amazing dishes are my family favorite meal. Your presentation looks yummy. Perfect Weekend meal planning
This looks like a fantastic option when I'm craving takeout but don't want to spend all that money. Can't wait to try this for myself, thanks for sharing!
I'm always looking for new recipes to try for dinner, and this Chinese spaghetti looks perfect! Thanks for sharing the recipe!