Do you enjoy Chinese food but lack the time to prepare it at home? Not anymore! You can now cook this scrumptious and mouth-watering chicken lo mein in under 30 minutes, thanks to the Instant Pot. Whether you want to wow your guests and family with a gourmet dinner or you simply want a quick and tasty dinner, this Instant Pot Chicken Lo Mein Recipe is for you. Following a few simple steps, you'll be able to whip up this Chinese Instant Pot Recipe in no time, using fresh ingredients that are both easily available and inexpensive. Now let's get started! For more take-out flavor, check out our Chinese Spaghetti.
⭐Why This Recipe Works
- Just a few minutes of prep time and done in under 30 minutes
- Flavors work well and mimic those from your favorite Chinese restaurant
- This Instant Pot Dinner is cheaper than ordering takeout
- A great way to get kids to eat veggies
- Chicken Breast - adds protein to the dish
- Red Bell Pepper - adds vegetables and color
- Soy Sauce - flavors the sauce
- Brown Sugar - adds a sweetness to the sauce
- Chicken Stock or chicken broth - cooks the noodles while providing flavor
- Lo Mein Noodles or egg noodles - if you can't find either of these, spaghetti will work
- Green onions - for garnish
📋Step by Step Instructions
STEP 1: Pour the chicken stock into the instant pot.
STEP 2: Add the noodles to the Instant Pot.
STEP 3: Top the noodles with the carrots.
STEP 4: Place the chicken on top of the noodles and matchstick carrots in the instant pot.
STEP 5: Next add in red pepper, and baby corn.
STEP 6: To make the easy lo mein sauce, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, and garlic in a small bowl. Stir.
STEP 7: Pour this mixture into the instant pot.
STEP 8: Close the lid and seal the Instant Pot and set it to manual, high pressure, for 8 minutes.
STEP 9: When Instant Pot is done cooking, do a quick pressure release with the valve.
STEP 10: When the quick release is done, open the pressure cooker and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Tip 1: Some other vegetables you can add to this dish are mushrooms, snow peas, or broccoli florets.
Tip 2: You can break your noodles in half before you put them into the Instant Pot and distribute them evenly throughout the pot. This will help keep them from sticking together.
Tip 3: For an extra kick, sprinkle some hot sauce on a bowl of
How do I store leftover Lo Mein?
You can store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
I can't find the ramen noodles, can I use spaghetti noodles instead?
Yes, you can use spaghetti or egg noodles.
Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breast in this recipe?
You can use chicken thighs. Some prefer chicken thighs in this recipe since they result in more moist chicken.
🌟If you try this recipe, leave a star rating below or a review in the comment section. Be sure to sign up for my newsletter to get my latest recipes!
Instant Pot Chicken Lo Mein Recipe
- Pour the chicken stock into the instant pot.
- Add the noodles.
- Top the noodles with the carrots.
- Place the chicken on top of the noodles and matchstick carrots in the instant pot.
- Next add in red pepper, and baby corn.
- Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, and garlic in a small bowl. Stir.
- Pour this mixture into the instant pot.
- Close the lid and seal the Instant Pot and set it to manual, high pressure, for 8 minutes.
- When Instant Pot is done cooking, do a quick pressure release with the valve.
- When the quick release is done, open the pressure cooker and sprinkle with sesame seeds.