Do you own an Instant Pot? If you do, then you already know how easy they make dinner prep. Things are so hectic at my place each evening, and I love knowing that I can get a delicious meal on the table in no time flat thanks to my Instant Pot. One of my favorite meals to make is this Peanut Butter Chicken in the Instant Pot. Who needs take out when you can make something this yummy at home? Be sure to also check out our Instant Pot Chicken Lo Mein Recipe. For more take-out flavor, check out our Chinese Spaghetti.
What makes this recipe awesome
This recipe for peanut butter chicken cooks up in no time thanks to the Instant Pot. Don't have an Instant Pot yet? I can't recommend one more highly. This will not be one of those appliances that just sits unused. I use mine a few times a week since it makes dinner prep a breeze.
This recipe uses lots of veggies and seasoning to really give you a similar flavor to what you would find at your favorite Chinese restaurant. You'll love the flavor of the peanut sauce!
How to make Instant Pot Thai Peanut Chicken
Slice the boneless chicken breasts into strips. Place the sliced chicken breasts into the Instant Pot.
Next, pour one cup of water and ½ a cup of soy sauce over the sliced chicken.
To cook the chicken, place the lid on the Instant Pot and turn the valve to the sealed position. Set the pressure cook or manual button and set the timer for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes the Instant Pot will stop counting and beep. At this point, release the pressure in the pot. Drain the juice that is leftover in the pot.
Cut the broccoli into florets and wash and dice the sweet peppers. Add the broccoli, peppers and sugar snap peas to the Instant Pot on top of the chicken. Turn on sauté mode. Place lid back on the pot and steam for five minutes.
While the veggies are steaming, mix together peanut butter, the remaining soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and chili sauce. Whisk the ingredients together and pour the peanut butter sauce over the chicken and vegetables. Mix well.
Once the vegetables are done to your level of tenderness, turn off the Instant Pot.
I love to serve this Instant Pot Peanut Butter Chicken topped with sesame seeds and over a bed of white rice. This is a restaurant quality meal you can easily make at home!
Instant Pots make life easier. Something else that can simplify meal time is meal planning. Take the stress out of meal planning with Eat At Home Meal Plans.
Peanut Butter Chicken in the Instant Pot
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breast; sliced into strips
- 2 heads of broccoli; cut into florets
- ½ bag of sweet peppers; washed and diced
- 1 bag of sugar snap peas; washed
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 cup water
- sesame seeds for topping
- Slice the boneless chicken breasts into strips. Place the sliced chicken breasts into the Instant Pot.
- Pour one cup of water and ½ a cup of soy sauce over the sliced chicken.
- Place the lid onto the instant pot and turn the valve to the sealed position. Press pressure cook or manual button and set timer to 20 minutes. Once the instant pot stops counting and beeps release the pressure. Drain juice.
- Add the broccoli, peppers and sugar snap peas to the Instant Pot on top of the chicken. Turn on sauté mode. Place lid back on the pot and steam for five minutes.
- While the veggies are steaming, mix together peanut butter, the remaining soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and chili sauce. Whisk the ingredients together and pour the mixture over the chicken and vegetables. Mix well.
- Once the vegetables are done to your level of tenderness, turn off the Instant Pot.
- Serve topped with sesame seeds and over a bed of white rice.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
My favorite side for this peanut butter chicken is rice. White and brown rice are both delicious with this dish. You can also serve these over a bed of noodles. Spring rolls that you can buy at the grocery store and just heat up work well. I also love this Cucumber Salad as a side.
Believe it or not, I prefer "less healthy" peanut butter for this recipe since it is smoother and makes for a creamier sauce. I recommend creamy peanut butter as opposed to crunchy.
You can store it in the refrigerator in an air tight container for 4 days. You can also freeze the chicken for 3 months. When ready to use, let it thaw in the refrigerator for 8 hours.
Caribbean Chicken in the Instant Pot
Garlic Parmesan Wings in the Instant Pot
Another great recipe to add to my menu arsenal. Thanks for sharing this was delicious.
I can't wait to try this recipe! My hubby and daughter are going to love this recipe! Looks so yummy and full of flavor! So excited!
I've never had this dish but it's one my list now as all my favourite flavours are there!
This brings back so many memories! My mom used to make peanut butter chicken and I loved it. Can't wait to try this version!