If you have an Instant Pot, then you know how often you use it to create meals for your family. Did you know you can also use it to create party appetizers to feed a crowd. These Garlic Parmesan Wings in the Instant Pot will be a hit at your next party or gathering. No one will be able to eat just one! I love serving these on game day or anytime I need a quick appetizer that I know people will love. They are super easy to make thanks to a supermarket shortcut! Don't forget to also check out our Oven Baked Chicken Wings. Another winner to try is Peanut Butter Chicken in the Instant Pot.
Why you'll love these garlic parmesan wings
When you pressure cook these wings, they turn out moist and tender. The secret to these wings is store bought Garlic Parmesan Wing Sauce. You could make the sauce yourself, but when you are short on time and looking to feed a crowd, this is the way to go.
- garlic Parmesan wing sauce
- liquid smoke
- minced garlic
- minced garlic
- chicken wings
- grated Parmesan cheese
How to make chicken wings garlic parmesan
Okay, let's cook some instant pot garlic parmesan chicken wings! You'll want to prep the wings before they go into the Instant Pot. Wash, dry and cut the wings to get them ready. Then add garlic, liquid smoke, and water to the pot for some flavor. Add your trivet to the bottom of the Instant Pot.
Add the chicken wings and minced garlic to a large mixing bowl.
Next, add the garlic parmesan wing sauce and stir to combine in the bowl until the wings are coated.
Place the chicken wings in the Instant Pot on the trivet, making sure you not to go over the max fill line. Cover the pot and secure the lid. Set the valve to sealing and cook on the poultry setting. If you are using a pressure cooker, or you want to cook on the manual setting, set for 9 minutes if you want fall-off-the-bone wings. When the timer beeps, release pressure naturally for 5-10 minutes. Then release the rest of the pressure by moving the valve to the venting setting.
Remove the garlic parmesan chicken wings from the Instant Pot and place on a baking sheet. You will broil them for 2 minutes on each side. Before serving, sprinkle the wings with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. You can also sprinkle with some chopped parsley if you wish. Yum!
Wings are super easy to make in the Instant Pot, and one of our favorite recipes is this Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Wings from Mama Instincts.
Garlic Parmesan Wings in the Instant Pot
- Prep your wings. Wash, dry and cut them.
- In your Instant Pot, add 1 teaspoon garlic to the bottom.
- Pour in 2 tablespoon liquid smoke and ½ cup of water.
- In a large bowl, coat your chicken with 1 tablespoon garlic and half a bottle of garlic Parmesan wing sauce.
- Place in the Instant Pot on a trivet. Make sure you don’t go over the max fill line.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Be sure that the valve is set to sealing.
- Cook on the poultry setting. If you want to cook on the manual settings, set for 9 minutes if you want fall off the bone wings. When the timer beeps, let the pressure release naturally for 5-10 minutes. Then release the rest of the pressure by moving the valve to the venting setting.
- Remove from the Instant Pot and place on a baking sheet. Broil for 2 minutes on each side.
- Sprinkle with fresh grated parmesan cheese.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
These wings go wonderfully dipped in blue cheese dressing.
You will want to use fresh wings or defrost frozen wings prior to using them. This helps the sauce to stick.
Have you heard about Butcher Box?
They deliver 100% grass-fed beef; free-range organic chicken; heritage-breed pork, wild-caught seafood, and more directly to your door. Butcher Box brings you the healthiest, highest quality meat while causing as little harm as they can to the environment. They work directly with a group of family farms to get you the best meat out there. You choose your box and delivery frequency and get free shipping.
You could go around town looking for the best deal, but the quality of the meats and the sourcing won’t be the same. Check it out here and see if it’s for you!