I have been on an Instant Pot kick as of late. You may have noticed that I have been sharing lots of Instant Pot recipes, such as this Caribbean Chicken in the Instant Pot. If you are looking for easy meals that require minimal time and clean up, then an Instant Pot is your new best friend. If you don't have an Instant Pot, you can make this Instant Pot Chili with Beans in any pressure cooker. Now lets enjoy some chili! Be sure to also try this Chili Macaroni Casserole.
Why you'll love Instant Pot Chili Recipe
- Delicious chili in just 30 minutes!
- Full of flavor thanks to pressure cooking
- Versatile - can use beef or ground turkey
- lean ground beef
- green pepper
- tomato sauce
- kidney beans
- chili powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Salt & Pepper
- Green Onion
How to make Instant Pot Beef Chili
This Instant Pot chili recipe starts off stove top in a skillet. You will simmer the ground beef in the skillet. Once the meat is browned, pour it into a strainer and drain the excess grease.
Add the browned ground beef to the Instant Pot.
Dice green peppers and onions, and place them into the pot once diced.
Next, add the tomatoes on top of the beef mixture.
Add your tomato sauce as well and stir with a wooden spoon.
Drain the kidney beans and pour them into the Instant Pot as well.
Now it's time to add some spices. Add 5 tablespoons chili powder and Cayenne pepper seasoning and stir to mix. Make sure to mix well to get all the ingredients at the bottom of the pot covered.
Finally, add some water and mix well. Seal the lid on the Instant Pot and set timer to the CHILI/BEANS setting. Once the timer is up, release the pressure valve.
Serve with your favorite toppings. Some of our favorites are onion, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, avocado slices and green onion.
Serve a bowl of this fragrant chili with some crackers for a filling lunch or dinner.
Instant Pot Chili Recipe
- Place ground beef into skillet and brown meat.
- Once browned, pour into strainer and drain excess grease.
- Add ground beef to the Instant Pot.
- Dice green peppers and onions, placing into pot once diced.
- Open can of tomatoes and sauce and pour into pot.
- Drain one can of kidney beans and pour into the Instant Pot.
- Add chili powder and Cayenne pepper seasoning, stirring to mix.
- Add 2 cups of water and mix well.
- Seal the lid and set timer to CHILI/BEANS - 30.
- Once it is finished release the pressure valve.
- Optional - serve with your favorite toppings such as onion, shredded cheese and green onion.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
I used kidney beans, but pinto beans and black beans work as well.
You can store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Have you heard about Butcher Box?
They deliver 100% grass-fed beef; free-range organic chicken; heritage-breed pork, wild-caught seafood, and more directly to your door. Butcher Box brings you the healthiest, highest quality meat while causing as little harm as they can to the environment. They work directly with a group of family farms to get you the best meat out there. You choose your box and delivery frequency and get free shipping.
You could go around town looking for the best deal, but the quality of the meats and the sourcing won’t be the same. Check it out here and see if it’s for you!