I have been on an Instant Pot kick as of late. You may have noticed that I have been sharing lots of Instant Pot recipes, such as this Caribbean Chicken in the Instant Pot. If you are looking for easy meals that require minimal time and clean up, then an Instant Pot is your new best friend. If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can make this Instant Pot Chili Recipe in any pressure cooker. Now lets enjoy some chili!
Instant Pot Chili Recipe
Add the browned ground beef to the Instant Pot.
Dice green peppers and onions, and place them into the pot once diced.
Next, add the tomatoes on top of the beef mixture.
Add your tomato sauce as well.
Drain the kidney beans and pour them into the Instant Pot as well.
Now it’s time to add some spices. Add chilli powder and Cayenne pepper seasoning and stir to mix.
Finally, add some water and mix well. Seal the lid on the Instant Pot and set timer to the CHILI/BEANS setting. Once the timer is up, release the pressure valve.
Serve with your favorite toppings. Some of our favorites are onion, cheddar cheese mix and green onion.
Serve a bowl of this fragrant chili with some crackers for a filling lunch or dinner.
Instant Pot Chili Recipe
Chili is always a family favorite and it is so easy to make in the Instant Pot. This Instant Pot Chili Recipe is ready in a fraction of the time it takes to make traditional chili.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 onion diced
- 16 oz can tomatoes
- 16 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 can kidney beans rinsed
- 5 tbsp chilli powder
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp Cayenne pepper
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Optional Toppings
- Green Onion
- Place ground beef into skillet and brown meat.
- Once browned, pour into strainer and drain excess grease.
- Add ground beef to the Instant Pot.
- Dice green peppers and onions, placing into pot once diced.
- Open can of tomatoes and sauce and pour into pot.
- Drain one can of kidney beans and pour into the Instant Pot.
- Add chilli powder and Cayenne pepper seasoning, stirring to mix.
- Add 2 cups of water and mix well.
- Seal the lid and set timer to CHILI/BEANS - 30.
- Once it is finished release the pressure valve.
Optional - serve with your favorite toppings such as onion, shredded cheese and green onion.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
If you are looking to feed a family and save money with make ahead meals, then one of the best resources I have found is MyFreezEasy. This summer they are offering a Summer Freezer Meal Plan Bundles. This is a collection of freezer meal plans to stock your freezer! A stocked freezer means more time in the sunshine and less time in the kitchen! They have selected recipes that won’t heat up your kitchen and will help you enjoy your fresh, delicious meals all summer long!
Within each of these freezer meal plans you will find different recipes, shopping lists, and streamlined freezer assembly directions. The meal plans will set you up for success and get you in and out of the kitchen as quickly as possible – both during the freezer meal prep AND when making the meal for dinner.
You will get:
1. Instant Pot Summer Meal Plan Bundle (2 plans — 20 meals).
2. Summer Meal Plan Bundle, Grill, Slow Cooker, Skillet (3 plans — 30 meals).
3. Ultimate Summer Bundle – both of the above plus freezer meal bag holders!
Want more Mess?
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, and Instagram