I have been on an Instant Pot kick as of late. You may have noticed that I have been sharing lots of Instant Pot recipes, such as this Caribbean Chicken in the Instant Pot. If you are looking for easy meals that require minimal time and clean up, then an Instant Pot is your new best friend. If you don't have an Instant Pot, you can make this Instant Pot Chili with Beans in any pressure cooker. Now lets enjoy some chili! Be sure to also try this Chili Macaroni Casserole.
Why you'll love Instant Pot Chili Recipe
- Delicious chili in just 30 minutes!
- Full of flavor thanks to pressure cooking
- Versatile - can use beef or ground turkey
- lean ground beef
- green pepper
- tomato sauce
- kidney beans
- chili powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Salt & Pepper
- Green Onion
How to make Instant Pot Beef Chili
This Instant Pot chili recipe starts off stove top in a skillet. You will simmer the ground beef in the skillet. Once the meat is browned, pour it into a strainer and drain the excess grease.
I get my ground beef from ButcherBox, which has the healthiest, highest quality meat at great prices. Best of all, it's delivered to your door.
Add the browned ground beef to the Instant Pot.
Dice green peppers and onions, and place them into the pot once diced.
Next, add the tomatoes on top of the beef mixture.
Add your tomato sauce as well and stir with a wooden spoon.
Drain the kidney beans and pour them into the Instant Pot as well.
Now it's time to add some spices. Add 5 tablespoons chili powder and Cayenne pepper seasoning and stir to mix. Make sure to mix well to get all the ingredients at the bottom of the pot covered.
Finally, add some water and mix well. Seal the lid on the Instant Pot and set timer to the CHILI/BEANS setting. Once the timer is up, release the pressure valve.
Serve with your favorite toppings. Some of our favorites are onion, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, avocado slices and green onion.
Serve a bowl of this fragrant chili with some crackers for a filling lunch or dinner.
Instant Pot Chili Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 onion diced
- 16 oz can tomatoes
- 16 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 can kidney beans rinsed
- 5 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon Cayenne pepper
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Optional Toppings
- Green Onion
- Place ground beef into skillet and brown meat.
- Once browned, pour into strainer and drain excess grease.
- Add ground beef to the Instant Pot.
- Dice green peppers and onions, placing into pot once diced.
- Open can of tomatoes and sauce and pour into pot.
- Drain one can of kidney beans and pour into the Instant Pot.
- Add chili powder and Cayenne pepper seasoning, stirring to mix.
- Add 2 cups of water and mix well.
- Seal the lid and set timer to CHILI/BEANS - 30.
- Once it is finished release the pressure valve.
- Optional - serve with your favorite toppings such as onion, shredded cheese and green onion.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
I used kidney beans, but pinto beans and black beans work as well.
You can store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
I love how easy this is to make in the instant pot! Can't wait to give the recipe a go 🙂
You had me at Instant Pot! I LOVE making my life easier with instant pot meals. The ingredients in this chili come together for a delicious taste!
Great timing, I've been starting to use my Instant Pot a lot more lately. Can't wait to try making chili. This looks perfect!
I love making chili and this recipe looks so good! I definitely need to get an Instant Pot! It looks so easy to use.
Feels like this is a cook machine I should get some time, cause I don't own one yet 🙂