I just love a hot bowl of soup on a chilly fall night. Is there anything better than soup served with some crusty bread? If you have never made soup in an Instant Pot before, you must give it a try, and this Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe is the perfect one to start with. Lots of kids are not fond of broccoli, but they will try this soup because of it’s cheesy flavor. This Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup is so simple to make and takes hardly any time. If you do lots of Instant Pot cooking, check out these Must Have Instant Pot Accessories.
Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup
To prepare the soup, begin by dicing and chopping the celery, carrots, onion and broccoli.
Set the Instant Pot to the Saute function, add butter and melt. Next, add the onions, carrots and celery to the pot and stir for a few minutes until the onions have softened. When that happens, turn off saute function. Then add broccoli and water to the pot and stir.
Now it’s time to let the Instant Pot work it’s magic! Close the lid and seal it. Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. After the 5 minutes is up, do a manual release.
Set the Instant Pot to the Saute function again. Add the heavy cream and stir. Continuing stirring until the cream has warmed.
For this recipe you can use diced cheese or shredded. Whatever you have on hand will work.
Add the cheese into the pot, continuing to stir until the cheese has melted.
Once the cream and cheese have warmed and melted, this Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup is ready to serve. I like topping this with some shredded cheddar and serving it with some oyster crackers.
If you have any leftovers of this soup, it is best reheated on the stove.
Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup
This Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup is perfect for a chilly fall evening. It takes no time to make is full of cheesy goodness!
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- 4 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 2-3 carrots, chopped
- 2-3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 8 oz sharp cheddar
- To prepare the soup, begin by dicing and chopping the celery, carrots, onion and broccoli.
- With the Instant Pot on Saute function, add butter and melt. Add onions, carrots and celery to the pot and stir for a few minutes until the onions are softened. When finished turn off saute function.
- Add broccoli to pot along with the water and stir.
- Close and seal lid and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. After the 5 minutes is up, do a manual release.
- Return the Instant Pot to the saute function. Add the heavy cream and stir. Continuing stirring until the cream has warmed.
- If you are using a cheese block, dice the cheese into small pieces. Shredded cheese will also work for this recipe just fine!
- Add the cheese into the pot, continuing to stir until the cheese has melted.
- Once the cream and cheese have warmed and melted, this is ready to serve. I like topping this with some shredded cheddar.
- Tips: To reheat: Reheat on the stove top
If you are looking to feed a family and save money with make ahead meals, then one of the best resources I have found is MyFreezEasy. This summer they are offering a Summer Freezer Meal Plan Bundles. This is a collection of freezer meal plans to stock your freezer! A stocked freezer means more time in the sunshine and less time in the kitchen! They have selected recipes that won’t heat up your kitchen and will help you enjoy your fresh, delicious meals all summer long!
Within each of these freezer meal plans you will find different recipes, shopping lists, and streamlined freezer assembly directions. The meal plans will set you up for success and get you in and out of the kitchen as quickly as possible – both during the freezer meal prep AND when making the meal for dinner.
You will get:
1. Instant Pot Summer Meal Plan Bundle (2 plans — 20 meals).
2. Summer Meal Plan Bundle, Grill, Slow Cooker, Skillet (3 plans — 30 meals).
3. Ultimate Summer Bundle – both of the above plus freezer meal bag holders!