Being Italian, chicken parm is a big deal in my house. I decided to try a new twist on an old favorite by making Chicken Parmesan Sliders. What a treat! They are saucy, cheesy and delicious with soft seasoned buns. If you love chicken parmesan, get ready to enjoy it in a whole new way! This is one of our favorite game day recipes.
Why these sliders are awesome
This easy chicken parmesan is pretty versatile. We have made them as appetizers when we've had a gathering, and have also made them for lunch or dinner. So many ways to enjoy these shredded chicken sliders.
- chicken breast
- garlic powder
- marinara sauce (store bought or homemade marinara sauce recipe)
- brioche buns or dinner rolls (12 pack)
- shredded mozzarella
- melted butter
- Italian seasoning
- Parmesan cheese
How to make shredded chicken parmesan sliders
Place defrosted chicken breasts and into a crock pot and sprinkle them with oregano and garlic powder.
Add marinara sauce on top of the chicken.
Cook for 4 hours on high and shred chicken. Combine with the sauce.
Cut open 12 slider rolls and place them in a greased 9x13 casserole pan. Try to slice the sliders so that the tops are taken off but they are still attached to each other on the bottom.
Spread the shredded, saucy chicken onto the halves of the slider rolls.
Spread shredded mozzarella cheese over the chicken.
Place the top of the buns over the mozzarella. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with a mix of garlic powder, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.
Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees or until the cheese has melted and tops have started to brown.
Slice the chicken parmesan sliders with shredded chicken and serve.
These sliders are gooey and cheesy and oh so good! They will be a dinner that your family asks for again and again.
Frequently asked questions
These are great with a side of fries or chips. A side Cesar salad works great too!
Sure! If you are short on time, just pick up a rotisserie chicken, cut it up into bite size chunks and follow the recipe as directed.
Yes. Instant Pot shredded chicken is so easy to make and takes hardly any time. Simply place 2-3 pounds of skinless boneless chicken breast, 1 cup of water, 1 teaspoon of salt, ½ teaspoon garlic power and ½ teaspoon of pepper into an Instant Pot. Pressure cook for 10 minutes and then do a quick release. Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot and shred the chicken as normal.
Hawaiian rolls or brioche rolls work well.
Chicken Parmesan Sliders
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 12 brioche buns
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- Place defrosted chicken breasts and into a crock pot and sprinkle them with ½ teaspoon of oregano and 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Add 1 cup of marinara sauce on top of the chicken.
- Cook for 4 hours on high and shred chicken. Combine with the sauce.
- Cut open 12 slider rolls and place them in a greased casserole pan. Try to slice the sliders so that the tops are taken off but they are still attached to each other on the bottom.
- Spread the shredded, saucy chicken onto the halves of the slider rolls.
- Spread 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese over the chicken.
- Place the top of the buns over the mozzarella. Brush with the melted butter and sprinkle with a mix of Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees or until the cheese has melted and tops have started to brown.
- Slice the sliders and serve.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Have you heard about Butcher Box?
They deliver 100% grass-fed beef; free-range organic chicken; heritage-breed pork, wild-caught seafood, and more directly to your door. Butcher Box brings you the healthiest, highest quality meat while causing as little harm as they can to the environment. They work directly with a group of family farms to get you the best meat out there. You choose your box and delivery frequency and get free shipping.
You could go around town looking for the best deal, but the quality of the meats and the sourcing won’t be the same. Check it out here and see if it’s for you!