Pressing the easy button for dinner means using your Instant Pot. What better day to use the Instant Pot than Taco Tuesday?! The Instant Pot will make these key lime chicken tacos a breeze to make. The best part is that you can even make this chicken straight from frozen to cooked in 40 minutes. I love how simple dinner can be with the Instant Pot! These Instant Pot Chicken Tacos with Lime are an easy dinner your family will ask for again and again.
INSTANT POT CHICKEN TACOS WITH LIME
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO MAKE LIME CHICKEN TACOS IN THE INSTANT POT?
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- key lime juice
- onion; cut into half rounds
- tablespoons minced garlic
- package taco seasoning
- queso fresco
Dinner time is busy enough and when I don’t have a lot of time to cook, tacos are one of my go-to recipes. These Instant Pot tacos take just 15 minutes to prep. Plus, cook time is 40 minutes at the most. You can’t go wrong!
HOW DO YOU MAKE INSTANT POT SHREDDED CHICKEN TACOS?
First of all, place cut onion and minced garlic into the instant pot. Add water.
Place the chicken into the instant pot and pour in key lime juice. If you can’t find key limes, you can just use bottled key lime juice. It tastes just as good. This is my favorite key lime juice.
Place the lid onto the instant pot. Turn the valve to the sealed position. Press the pressure cook or manual button and set the timer to 40 minutes for frozen chicken or 30 minutes for thawed chicken. Once the instant pot stops counting, release the pressure by opening the valve.
Drain juice from chicken and shred the chicken. Place the chicken back into the pot and mix well with taco seasoning.
Top with cilantro, white onion, avocado, and queso fresco and enjoy!
Serve on doubled corn tortillas or on flour tortillas, whatever you prefer.
Your whole family will love this new taco flavor!
- 5 large chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 1/3 cup key lime juice
- 1/2 onion cut into half rounds
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 white onion; diced
- 1 large haas avocado; diced
- 1 cup queso fresco cheese; crumbled
- 1/2 bundle cilantro; diced
- Place onion and garlic into the instant pot. Add water. Place chicken into the instant pot. Pour in key lime juice.
- Place the lid onto the instant pot. Turn the valve to the sealed position. Press the pressure cook or manual button and set the timer to 40 minutes for frozen chicken or 30 minutes for thawed chicken. Once the instant pot stops counting, release the pressure by opening the valve.
- Drain juice from chicken and shred the chicken. Place the chicken back into the pot and mix well with taco seasoning.
- Serve on doubled corn tortillas or on flour.
- Top with cilantro, white onion, avocado, and queso fresco.
Prep: 15 Minutes
Cook: 40 Minutes (frozen) 30 Minutes (thawed) Serves: 6
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
EAT AT HOME MEAL PLANS
I am a big fan of Eat At Home Meal Plans. Are you stressed about the cost of eating out or trying to decide what to make for dinner each night? Sign up for the plans, and get access to 4 separate meal plans each month (Traditional, Wholesome Traditional, Slow Cooker, and No Flour/No Sugar). Just print the plans, color-coded grocery lists, and recipes you want for the month. Don’t worry, there are so many options, even picky eaters will find something they like.
When it is time for dinner, make that night’s recipe (choices include make-ahead, freezer meals, slow-cooker recipes, and other time-saving strategies) and you are all set.
I know you have more important things to do than meal planning. Let someone else do it for you with Eat At Home Meal Plans. Monthly, quarterly and annual plans are available.
If you liked these Instant Pot Chicken Tacos with Lime, you’ll also love: