Hawaiian flavors are just perfect to enjoy in the summer! Maybe you can’t visit the islands, but you can bring the tastes to your home with these Instant Pot Hawaiian Meatballs! Your family will enjoy these Hawaiian meatballs and with your Instant Pot, the work you put into them will be so minimal. If you’re feeling super creative, set up a themed dinner with island decorations!
INSTANT POT HAWAIIAN BEEF MEATBALLS
This recipe makes a great meal and would also make a great party appetizer!
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE INSTANT POT HAWAIIAN MEATBALLS
- apple juice
- pineapple juice
- fresh ginger
- soy sauce
- hoisin sauce
- brown sugar (may be replaced with honey)
- corn starch
- canned pineapple
- frozen beef meatballs
- sesame seeds for topping
HOW TO MAKE HAWAIIAN MEATBALLS IN THE INSTANT POT
Add the frozen meatballs, and place the lid on the Instant Pot and set the valve to sealed.
Set the timer on the Instant Pot to 6 minutes. Once the Instant Pot warms up and stops counting and beeps, release the pressure by turning the valve.
Remove the cooked meatballs and place them into a bowl. Lift and drain the pot insert. Replace the pot insert back into the Instant Pot and add the meatballs back to the pot.
In a liquid measuring cup, add apple juice, pineapple juice, fresh ginger, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, garlic, brown sugar, and cornstarch. Whisk all the ingredients together well.
Set the Instant Pot to saute mode and add in the pineapple that is leftover from the can.
Pour the mixture in the measuring cup over the meatballs and stir until sauce thickens around the meatballs. Once it has thickened, turn off the Instant Pot.
You can serve the Hawaiian meatballs over rice and top the dish with sesame seeds.
Aloha! Enjoy you taste of the islands!
Instant Pot Hawaiian Meatballs
These Instant Pot Hawaiian Meatballs make a great meal or appetizer. They take just 10 minutes to make and will be the taste of the islands to your home.
- Place steamer basket into instant pot. Pour in 1 cup water. Add in meatballs and place lid on the instant pot. Set valve to sealed. Set timer to 6 minutes. Once the instant warms up and stops counting and beeps release the pressure by turning the valve.
- Remove meatballs to a bowl. Lift and drain pot insert. Replace pot insert back into the instant pot. Add meatballs back to the pot.
- In a glass liquid measuring cup, add apple juice, pineapple juice, fresh ginger, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, garlic, brown sugar, and corn starch. Whisk well.
- Set instant pot to saute mode. Add in pineapple from can but not the juice. Pour the mixture over the meatballs and stir until sauce thickens around the meatballs. Once thick turn off instant pot.
- Serve over rice topped with sesame seeds.
EAT AT HOME MEAL PLANS
I am a big fan of Eat At Home Meal Plans. Are you stressed about the cost of eating out or trying to decide what to make for dinner each night? Sign up for the plans, and get access to 4 separate meal plans each month (Traditional, Wholesome Traditional, Slow Cooker, and No Flour/No Sugar). Just print the plans, color-coded grocery lists, and recipes you want for the month. Don’t worry, there are so many options, even picky eaters will find something they like.
When it is time for dinner, make that night’s recipe (choices include make-ahead, freezer meals, slow-cooker recipes, and other time-saving strategies) and you are all set.
I know you have more important things to do than meal planning. Let someone else do it for you with Eat At Home Meal Plans. Monthly, quarterly and annual plans are available.
If you liked these Instant Pot Hawaiian Beef Meatballs, you’ll love: