Looking for a way spice up traditional ground beef? Look no further than this Beef with Garlic Sauce. This recipe combines tender ground beef with a variety of sauces and spices to create a dish to rival your favorite takeout restaurant. Be sure to also check out our Instant Pot Chicken Lo Mein Recipe. For more take-out flavor, check out our Chinese Spaghetti.
Why this Chinese beef with garlic sauce is awesome
- Cooks up in 20 minutes
- Full of flavor!
- Save money on take out
- ground beef
- olive oil
- light soy sauce
- regular soy sauce
- grated fresh ginger
- minced garlic cloves
- brown sugar
- mung bean sprouts
- matchstick carrots
- spring onions or green onion
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
How to make garlic beef
In a deep frying pan or skillet add in ground beef and olive oil. Fry on medium high heat until ground beef is browned.
In a small bowl, mix together both soy sauces, ginger, garlic, and brown sugar. Whisk well. Mix in 2 tablespoons cornstarch and whisk again.
Turn the heat on the meat to low. Add the liquid mixture to the beef and stir well. The sauce will start to thicken on the meat.
Add mung bean sprouts to the beef and cook for 3 minutes. Add in the onion part of the spring onions. Cook for another minute. Then add carrots to pan. Remove beef from the stove and cover. Wait three minutes before serving the beef. This will help the carrots to soften a bit.
Serve this beef with garlic sauce over rice and top with the chive part of the spring onions.
This dish is a tasty way to add more protein to your diet. It is super flavorful and cooks up in no time at all!
If you are looking for a more traditional stir fry, try this Sesame Garlic Beef Stir Fry from The Chunky Chef. It is made with flank steak, snow peas and beef broth.
For help with meal planning, be sure to check out Eat At Home Meal Plans.
Beef with Garlic Sauce
- 2 lbs 90/10 ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup light soy sauce
- ¼ cup regular soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 small bag mung bean sprouts
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 bundle spring onions; diced
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- In a deep frying pan or skillet add in ground beef and olive oil. Fry until ground beef is browned.
- In a small bowl, mix together both soy sauces, ginger, garlic, and brown sugar. Whisk well. Mix in 2 tablespoons cornstarch. Whisk well.
- Turn meat to low heat. Add in liquid mixture and stir well. It will start to thicken on the meat.
- Add in mung bean sprouts and cook for 3 minutes. Add in the onion part of the spring onions. Cook another one minute. Add in carrots. Remove from stove and cover. Wait three minutes before serving. This will softened the carrots.
- Serve over rice topped with the chive part of the spring onions.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutrition facts may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
This dish is perfect when served atop noodles or a grain, like rice. You can also serve this with a side of roasted potatoes and broccoli florets.
If you like things spicy, a dash of red pepper flakes will do the trick.
Broccoli and mushrooms would make a great addition.
This was so easy and delicious to make! I love that I can make this at home and not have to worry about unhealthy take out food.
This is such a fast and simple recipe that's full of flavor! We loved this beef with garlic sauce!
I love how fast this dinner recipe can together. It was a definite hit at my house.
Such a tasty beef recipe. The kids loved it.
Sisley White - Sew White
I would love to try this on a baked potato or even in a wrap. You can never have too much garlic!