Lasagna is one of our favorite family meals, but making it can be very labor intensive. But with just a few simple shortcuts, lasagna doesn't have to be a big production. By making Crockpot Ravioli Lasagna, you can eliminate many of the steps involved and make a dinner the entire family will love!
Why this Crockpot Lasagna with Ravioli is awesome
Besides the crock pot, one of the big shortcuts of this lazy day lasagna is the fact that it uses ravioli in place of lasagna noodles. This is a genius substitution as the ravioli combines the pasta and ricotta found in traditional lasagna.
- cheese-stuffed frozen ravioli
- crushed tomatoes
- tomato sauce
- ground beef
- dried oregano
- dried basil
- dried parsley
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- black pepper
- red pepper flakes
How to make easy crockpot lasagna
Start the recipe by making the meat sauce. To do so, you will brown the ground beef and then combine the browned ground beef, tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, seasonings, and honey in a large skillet. You'll want to cook this mixture over medium-high heat for 5 to 10 minutes.
Spray the inside of the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Ladle a scoop of the meat mixture with sauce into the slow cooker.
Next, add a layer of the cheese raviolis on top of the meat sauce.
Add four slices of provolone and a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese on top of the ravioli. Add some more meat sauce and then repeat each layer until all the ingredients are used. Top everything with a final layer of cheese.
Cook in the crock pot on high for 3 to 4 hours, until a thermometer inserted through the ravioli reaches 165 degrees.
To me, this crock pot ravioli lasagna tastes as good as traditional lasagna and the fact that you can make it in your crock pot makes it a winner in my book!
You can serve this Crock Pot Lasagna with Ravioli with some sliced Italian bread and a side salad. Top with parmesan cheese if you wish.
This lasagna is so delicious and easy to prepare. It doesn't get much better than that!
Have you heard of Eat At Home Meal Plans? If the cost of eating out or deciding what to do for supper each night is causing you stress, you must try these.
Crockpot Ravioli Lasagna
- 24 ounces cheese-stuffed frozen ravioli
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 28 ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 pounds ground beef browned
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 12 slices provolone
- 2 cups mozzarella
- In a large skillet, combine browned ground beef, tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, seasonings, and honey. Cook over medium-high heat for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Spray inside slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Ladle a scoop of the meat sauce into the slow cooker. Add layers of ravioli, sauce, four slices of provolone, and a sprinkle of mozzarella. Repeat each layer until all ingredients are used, topping with a final layer of cheese.
- Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours, until a thermometer inserted through the ravioli reaches 165 degrees.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, either would work fine in this recipe.
You can store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
This goes perfectly with a side of garlic bread and some salad.