Lasagna is one of our favorite family meals, but making it can be very labor intensive. But with just a few simple shortcuts, lasagna doesn’t have to be a big production. By making Ravioli Lasagna in the Crock Pot, you can eliminate many of the steps involved and make a dinner the entire family will love!
Ravioli Lasagna in the Crock Pot
Besides the crock pot, one of the big shortcuts of this meal is the fact that it uses ravioli in place of lasagna noodles. This is a genius substitution as the ravioli combines the pasta and ricotta found in traditional lasagna.
Start the recipe by making the meat sauce. To do so, you will brown the ground beef and then combine the browned ground beef, tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, seasonings, and honey in a large skillet. You’ll want to cook this mixture over medium-high heat for 5 to 10 minutes.
Spray the inside of the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Ladle a scoop of the meat sauce into the slow cooker.
Next, add a layer of ravioli on top of the meat sauce.
Add four slices of provolone and a sprinkle of mozzarella on top of the ravioli. Add some more meat sauce and then repeat each layer until all the ingredients are used. Top everything with a final layer of cheese.
Cook in the crock pot on high for 3 to 4 hours, until a thermometer inserted through the ravioli reaches 165 degrees.
To me, this tastes as good as traditional lasagna and the fact that you can make it in your crock pot makes it a winner in my book!
You can serve this Ravioli Lasagna in the Crock Pot with some sliced Italian bread and a side salad.
This lasagna is so delicious and easy to prepare. It doesn’t get much better than that!
Ravioli Lasagna in the Crock Pot
- 24 ounces cheese-stuffed frozen ravioli
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 28 ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 pounds ground beef browned
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 12 slices provolone
- 2 cups mozzarella
- In a large skillet, combine browned ground beef, tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, seasonings, and honey. Cook over medium-high heat for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Spray inside slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Ladle a scoop of the meat sauce into the slow cooker. Add layers of ravioli, sauce, four slices of provolone, and a sprinkle of mozzarella. Repeat each layer until all ingredients are used, topping with a final layer of cheese.
- Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours, until a thermometer inserted through the ravioli reaches 165 degrees.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Eat at Home Meal Plans
Have you heard about Eat At Home Meal Plans? If the cost of eating out or the decision of what to make for dinner each night is stressing you out, then you must try these. When you sign up, you get access to four separate meal plans each month (Traditional, Wholesome Traditional, Slow Cooker, and No Flour/No Sugar). All you do is print the plans, color-coded grocery lists, and recipes you want for that month. Don’t worry, there are lots of options, so even picky eaters will find something they like.
Then when it is time for dinner, make that night’s recipe (choices include make-ahead, freezer meals, slow-cooker recipes, and other time-saving strategies).
That’s it! Dinner is on the table and you can enjoy a home cooked meal with the family – without the stress!
We all have more important things to do than meal planning. Let someone else do it for you with Eat At Home Meal Plans. Monthly, quarterly and annual plans are available.
If you enjoyed this Ravioli Lasagna in the Crock Pot, you’ll love: