If your kids are like mine, they want the fun, colorful and tasty toaster pastries at the store but let’s be honest, those toaster pastries can be pricey! Treat your kids to a fun and delicious breakfast and give them the opportunity to help make them with an Homemade Pop Tarts in the Air Fryer! Kids will also love these Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Cookies in the Air Fryer.
Why these air fryer pop tarts are awesome
- Super easy since they are made with refrigerated pie crust
- So many ways to personalize by changing fillings and toppings
- 15 minutes from start to finish!
How to make air fryer pop tarts
First, you’re going to roll out the pie crust and cut out 3 inch rectangles.
Place a teaspoon of grape jelly in the center of half of the rectangles.
Place a rectangle on top of the jelly rectangles and press edges together with a fork.
Egg wash each rectangle.
Place in the air fryer for 5-8 minutes at 375°. These fry up really quickly so keep an eye on them!
Remove from the air fryer and smother them in icing and sprinkle away!
Serve and enjoy!
An air fryer breakfast pastry makes a great snack or on-the-go breakfast. They are easy to make and require just a few ingredients. My kids love making and eating these homemade pop tarts. I love how you can customize these with various filling, frosting and sprinkle choices.
Air Fryer Breakfast Pastry
- Roll out the pie crust and cut out 3 inch rectangles.
- Place a teaspoon of grape jelly in the center of half of the rectangles.
- Place a rectangle on top of the jelly rectangles & press edges together with a fork.
- Egg wash each rectangle.
- Place in air fryer for 5-8 minutes on 375. These fry really quick so keep an eye on them!
- Remove from air fryer and smother in icing.
- Sprinkle away!
- Serve & enjoy!
Frequently asked questions
You can store these in an airtight container on the counter for 2 days. You can store these air fryer breakfast pastries in an air tight container in the refrigerator for 5 days.
You can bake these in a 375 degree oven for 15-20 minutes.
Nutella makes a good filling as does any kind of jam - raspberry or grape. Even marshmallow fluff makes a good filling!