This Air Fryer Banana Muffins recipe was inspired by my these banana muffins that I made with my kids. I have been doing lots of air fryer baking, so I decided to adapt the recipe for the air fryer. The results did not disappoint. These are moist and delicious muffins baked in a fraction of the normal time.
Why you need to make these banana muffins in an air fryer
- No need to heat up the entire kitchen with the oven
- Air fryer baking time is shorter than in a normal oven
- Yummy, moist muffins in air fryer that are perfect for breakfast or a tasty snack
- baking powder
- baking soda
- brown sugar
- applesauce - used in place of oil to make these muffins a bet healthier. You won't notice the difference!
- mashed bananas - it helps if they are fairly ripe. It makes them easier to mash.
How to make banana muffins in the air fryer
Before you make these air fryer muffins, you will want to get yourself some silicone baking cups. These are great because you can use them in a normal oven up to 500 degrees. They also work perfectly in an air fryer, and when you use them, you don't need to use a muffin pan.
Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl mash the bananas using a fork or a potato masher. Set the mashed bananas aside.
Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and brown sugar in a large bowl.
In a large bowl, combine the egg, applesauce, vanilla, and mashed bananas.
Pour dry ingredients into the large bowl of wet ingredients and stir just until all the flour has been incorporated. Take care not to over stir.
There is no need to spray silicone muffin cups, so you can just fill them up ¾ of the way with the batter.
Bake the muffins for 13-15 minutes in the air fryer at 350 degrees. Air fryer cook time will vary depending on the brand.
I use an Instant Omni Pro air fryer because I love how versatile it is. It is an air fryer, convection toaster oven, rotisserie cooker, food dehydrator and much more. If you're going to have an appliance taking up space on your counter, shouldn't it do more than one thing?
Remove the muffins from the baking cups and place to cool on a cooling rack.
These air fryer banana bread muffins are great served as is, or with a pat of butter or smear of jam.
Air Fryer Banana Muffins
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 mashed bananas
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Mash three ripe bananas with a fork. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and brown sugar.
- In a large bowl, combine egg, applesauce, vanilla, and bananas.
- Pour dry ingredients into the large bowl of wet ingredients and stir until all the flour has been incorporated. Don't over stir.
- There is no need to spray silicone muffin cups so you can just fill them up ¾ of the way with the batter.
- Bake in 350 degree air fryer for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
Air frying cooks quicker than a traditional oven, so they should be ready in 13-15 minutes when baked at 350 degrees.
I have tried a metal muffin pan and did not have great success with that. The top of the muffins were cooked while the insides were not. Silicone muffin cups work perfectly. I know some have used paper cupcake cups with success, but I find that since they are not firm, they uncooked muffins make more of a mess.
These banana muffins can be stored in an air tight container for 2 days on a counter and for up to a week in a refrigerator.
My daughter and I gave this a try, so delicious and instructions were easy to follow! Everyone just loved these banana muffins and I love bringing my air fryer out for new recipes. We'll definitely be making these again!
This recipe is very easy to follow. It's absolutely a fun way to make banana muffins.
Banana muffins in the air fryer?! Ah-mazing!
These were so good! My kids were crazy about them.