If you’re like me, you are always on the lookout for some new recipe to make for the family, maybe a yummy treat or a tasty side dish to add to your menu plan. Potatoes are a staple side dish to so many family meals and it’s easy to fall into a rut in the way that you fix them. This recipe kicks the flavor up a notch! These Air Fryer Cajun Potatoes are super simple to make! A great appetizer that can also be made in the air fryer are these Air Fryer Cheese Curds. If you are looking for a main dish to serve with these potatoes, try this Whole Cajun Roast Chicken.
Why Cajun potatoes in the air fryer are awesome
- Cajun seasoning give these potatoes a kick.
- The potatoes come out crisp because of the air fryer
- Air frying lets you use less fat and cooks up quicker than a normal oven.
- Cajun seasoning
- Melted Butter
That’s it!! Just 3 ingredients! This recipe could not be easier thanks to the air fryer.
How to make Cajun potatoes
Get the hard part out of the way first and dice the 6 potatoes. I like to leave the skin on. The smaller you dice, the crispier the potatoes will be.
Place the diced potatoes on an air fryer rack and coat with melted butter. An easy way to do this is to use a basting brush.
Sprinkle the Cajun seasoning to your desired taste. I like to use 1 tablespoon, but if you like things a little more bold, add more.
Air fry the potatoes for 15 minutes at 375 degrees, then take a spatula and flip the potatoes.
Return them to the air fryer and air fry them for an additional 5 minutes.
Now they are crisp, and yummy and ready to enjoy! I love to serve these Air fryer Cajun potatoes with grilled pork chops. They are also great for breakfast with a side of eggs.
Air Fryer Cajun Potatoes
- Dice the 6 potatoes. The smaller you dice, the crispier the potatoes will be.
- Place the diced potatoes on an air fryer rack and brush with melted butter.
- Sprinkle the Cajun seasoning over the potatoes. I like 1 tablespoon of seasoning but you can use more depending on your taste.
- Air fry for 15 minutes on 375.
- Take a spatula and flip the potatoes.
- Air fry for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve & enjoy!
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
I used white (or russet) potatoes, but they would also work with Yukon gold or red potatoes.
You'll want to be sure that the potatoes are not over crowded in the air fryer pan. If they are, they won't experience browning and crisping on all sides.