Do you love casseroles? I do, but I think sometimes they get a bad rap. People think of them as something mom, or grandma used to make. But casseroles are back! So what is making them so popular again? People are busier than ever these days and are looking to save time when it comes to meal preparation. Casseroles do just that. Most assemble in a matter of minutes and can be refrigerated and cooked the next day. They are also a comfort food that bring back memories of simpler times. What’s not to love? Hope you enjoy this Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole. For more yummy ideas for chicken check out our Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells.
This post contains affiliate links, so if you buy a linked item I get a small commission. For more information please read my disclosure.
Whether for breakfast, brunch or dinner, I make casseroles at least once a week. I usually make pretty large casseroles and freeze the leftovers for another day. A casserole is like a gift that keeps on giving. Since they bring so much comfort, I decided to make one for a friend who is having some health issues. Hopefully not having to worry about making dinner will give her the opportunity to relax. I decided to make her one of my favorite casseroles – Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole. It is simple to make and is a real crowd pleaser.
Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
Cook rice according to package directions.
How yummy does that look? The only problem with making a meal for a friend is you don’t get to try it yourself. I had made this casserole lots of times, but am still dying to have some. I just might have to make another for our dinner.
- 1 cup of uncooked brown rice
- Country Crock (1 tablespoon for cooking rice and 1 tablespoon for recipe)
- 10 oz of broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups of cooked cut up chicken breast
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup of milk
- 1½ cups of shredded cheddar or cheddar and jack mix
- Ground black pepper to taste.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Steam broccoli and cook chicken breast.
- Chop up chicken breast into bite size pieces.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- When the rice is cooked, spread it on the bottom of a greased 9×13 casserole dish or tray. Top with broccoli florets.
- Top with chopped chicken breast.
- In a bowl, combine the can of condensed soup, mayonnaise, milk and 1 tablespoon of melted Country Crock.
- Pour the soup mixture evenly on top of the casserole and top with the shredded cheese. Add some pepper to taste.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
If you love cooking with your kids, you’ll enjoy kidstir. When you sign up for kidstir your child will receive a monthly kit that will provide fun food adventures for them. You’ll get tasty recipes and fun new cooking tools that will spark a love of cooking in kids. This is such a great way to create memories with kids in the kitchen.
If you liked this Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole, you’ll love: