Do you love casseroles? I do, but I think sometimes they get a bad rap. People think of them as something mom, or grandma used to make. But casseroles are back! So what is making them so popular again? People are busier than ever these days and are looking to save time when it comes to meal preparation. Casseroles do just that. Most assemble in a matter of minutes and can be refrigerated and cooked the next day. They are also a comfort food that bring back memories of simpler times. What's not to love? Hope you enjoy this Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole. For more yummy ideas for chicken check out our Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells.
Why casseroles are awesome
Whether for breakfast, brunch or dinner, I make casseroles at least once a week. I usually make pretty large casseroles and freeze the leftovers for another day. A casserole is like a gift that keeps on giving. Since they bring so much comfort, I decided to make one for a friend who is having some health issues. Hopefully not having to worry about making dinner will give her the opportunity to relax. I decided to make her one of my favorite casseroles - Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole. It is simple to make and is a real crowd pleaser.
- brown rice
- Country Crock or other margarine
- broccoli florets - fresh or frozen
- chicken breast
- condensed cream of chicken soup
- shredded cheddar cheese or cheddar and jack mix
- Ground black pepper to taste.
How to make Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
Cook rice according to package directions.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
When the rice is cooked, give it a stir and spread it on the bottom of a greased 9x13 casserole dish or baking dish. Top with broccoli florets.
Added chopped chicken breast.
I get my chicken from ButcherBox, which has the healthiest, highest quality meat you find. The prices are great and best of all, it's delivered to your door.
In a bowl, combine the can of condensed soup, mayonnaise, milk and 1 tablespoon of melted butter. Pour the soup mixture evenly on top of the casserole and sprinkle shredded cheese on top. Add some pepper to taste.
Bake for the chicken broccoli rice casserole for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
How yummy does that look? The only problem with making a meal for a friend is you don't get to try it yourself. I had made this cheesy chicken broccoli casserole lots of times, but am still dying to have some. I just might have to make another for our dinner.
Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- Country Crock 1 tablespoon for cooking rice and 1 tablespoon for recipe
- 10 oz broccoli florets fresh or frozen
- 2 cups cooked cut up chicken breast
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 ½ cups of shredded cheddar or cheddar and jack mix
- Ground black pepper to taste.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Steam broccoli and cook chicken breast.
- Chop up chicken breast into bite size pieces.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- When the rice is cooked, spread it on the bottom of a greased 9×13 casserole dish or tray. Top with broccoli florets.
- Top with chopped chicken breast.
- In a bowl, combine the can of condensed soup, mayonnaise, milk and 1 tablespoon of melted Country Crock.
- Pour the soup mixture evenly on top of the casserole and top with the shredded cheese. Add some pepper to taste.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Yes, you can. That makes the recipe even easier!