Southwestern Chicken Casserole
- 1 pack of Shake and Bake seasoned panko mix
- 1 cup Mexican four cheese blend
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups of brown rice
- 6 frozen chicken breasts small to medium sized
- ½ can of black beans
- ½ can of corn
- 1 cup of shredded cheese – can use cheddar or a cheddar and jack mix
- ½ cup Tortilla strips salad toppers
- ¼ cup Ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook brown rice according to package directions.
- Cut chicken breasts into nugget size pieces.
- In a large zip top bag, combine the cheese and breadcrumb mixture with the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and onion powder .
- Drop in your chicken pieces and shake to coat.
- Place on a greased tray and bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Spread the cooked brown rice on a greased 8 inch baking dish.
- Next, spread ½ a can of black beans and ½ a can of corn on top of the rice.
- Top with the cooked, breaded chicken.
- Sprinkle 1 ½ cups of shredded cheese on top of chicken pieces.
- Lower oven temperature to 325 and bake for 25 minutes.
- Drizzle some ranch dressing on top and sprinkle tortilla strips on top..
If you are looking to feed a family and save money with make ahead meals, then one of the best resources I have found is MyFreezEasy. You will be able to create your own meal plans so you can make 10 to 12 meals for your freezer in less than one hour. You can choose from gluten free, slow cooker and clean eating options. You'll be able to get 10 meals into your freezer without spending all afternoon in the kitchen.