As a busy work at home mom, I don’t have the time to make an elaborate lunch for myself. Sometimes this results in me grabbing some fast food or other equally less healthy options. But in less time than it takes to do that, I can make this flavorful Southwest Chicken Salad Recipe thanks to the ready-to-eat Foster Farms® Refrigerated Grilled Chicken Breast Strips. These strips are low-fat and high-protein so they make the perfect addition to salads, wraps, fajitas, stir fries and pasta dishes. Thanks to Foster Farms® for sponsoring this Southwest Chicken Salad post.
You can find Foster Farms® Refrigerated Grilled Chicken Breast Strips at Walmart in select Western states (CA, OR, WA, AZ and NV). They come in a re-sealable package, which is just so convenient. The strips have no added steroids and hormones.
Southwest Chicken Salad Recipe
This Southwest Chicken Salad Recipe is my favorite to make when I am short on time but still want something delicious and filling. Easy lunch idea!
- 4 cups of romaine/iceberg mix
- 6 oz Foster Farms® Refrigerated Grilled Chicken Breast Strips
- 1/2 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup corn drained
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/3 cup red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup southwestern dressing or ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup tortilla strips optional
- Mix romaine and iceberg lettuce in a large bowl.
- Drain and rinse black beans and drain corn. Add to salad.
- Peel and slice avocado and add to salad.
- Add chopped red onion to salad.
- Add Foster Farms® Refrigerated Grilled Chicken Breast Strips.
- Add dressing to salad and toss.
- If desired, add tortilla strips.
This post contains affiliate links.
If you are looking to feed a family and save money with make ahead meals, then one of the best resources I have found is the Costco Meal Plan from 5 Dollar Dinners. You can make 85 Make Ahead Breakfasts and snacks while just spending $140 at Costco! You get full recipes and shopping lists for just $2.49! Plans like this save me so much money and time.