As a busy work at home mom, I don't have the time to make an elaborate lunch for myself. Sometimes this results in me grabbing some fast food or other equally less healthy options. But in less time than it takes to do that, I can make this flavorful Southwest Chicken Salad Recipe.
This salad could not be easier to put together. You just gather the ingredients and combine them in a large bowl. I love using a large white bowl.
I used a mix of romaine and iceberg lettuce for this salad for some variety, but you can use whatever you have on hand.
Tortilla strips make a crunchy addition to the salad and also add some festive color.
I found a zesty chipotle dressing that added a bit of kick to my Southwest Chicken Salad Recipe, but ranch dressing would be yummy as well. This has become my go-to salad and when you see how easy it is to prepare, it might become yours as well!
Southwest Chicken Salad Recipe
- 4 cups of romaine/iceberg mix
- 6 oz Foster Farms® Refrigerated Grilled Chicken Breast Strips
- ½ cup black beans drained and rinsed
- ½ cup corn drained
- 1 avocado sliced
- ⅓ cup red onion chopped
- ½ cup southwestern dressing or ranch dressing
- ½ cup tortilla strips optional
- Mix romaine and iceberg lettuce in a large bowl.
- Drain and rinse black beans and drain corn. Add to salad.
- Peel and slice avocado and add to salad.
- Add chopped red onion to salad.
- Add Foster Farms® Refrigerated Grilled Chicken Breast Strips.
- Add dressing to salad and toss.
- If desired, add tortilla strips.