Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. and Pinnacle Foods Group LLC. All opinions are entirely my own. Are you making the same salads all the time? Add some new flavor to your day with this Italian Chicken Salad recipe. The combination of crisp, vibrant vegetables like red onions, bell peppers, sundried tomatoes and lettuce adds a refreshing crunch and a pop of color. Add in some chicken, salami, cheese, and a zesty dress and you'll fall in love with salads all over again. Be sure to also check out our Southwest Chicken Salad Recipe.
⭐Why this Italian Chicken Salad Recipe is awesome
- It is perfect for lunch or dinner!
- Pre-cooked chicken makes this easy to put together
- It is an easy protein packed meal
- Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken - Cooked according to package directions.
- Red and green leaf lettuce - You can also use a spring mix or romaine lettuce.
- Red peppers - Add color and crunch.
- Red onion - White or yellow onions work as well.
- Mozzarella - Fresh from the deli department at the grocery store.
- Sundried tomatoes - Packed in oil and drained.
- Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing - Since this dressing is already seasoned, you don't have to add any more seasoning to the salad.
📋How to make Italian Grilled Chicken Salad
STEP 1: Rinse, dry, and tear lettuce and place in a large bowl.
STEP 2: Add peppers, onions, salami, croutons, fresh basil, mozzarella, and sundried tomatoes.
STEP 3: Cook Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken according to package directions and add to the top of the salad.
STEP 4: Pour Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing over the top and toss before eating.
This Italian Chicken Salad combines all of the ingredients I love to include in an Italian meal. All you need to do is combine the lettuce with Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken, fresh mozzarella cheese, sundried tomatoes, croutons, red onions, red peppers, salami and zesty Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing.
Tip 1: This salad pairs well with some crusty bread for a more filling meal.
Tip 2: You can also add sliced grape tomatoes and black olives to this salad.
If I don't have fresh mozzarella, what kind of cheese can I use?
Crumbled feta or shaved Parmesan cheese will add a salty element to the salad.
What other lettuce can I use in this salad?
I used green and red leaf lettuce, though romaine, arugula and spinach would work, as would a spring mix.
🥗 Related Recipes
🌟If you try this recipe, leave a star rating below or a review in the comment section. Be sure to sign up for my newsletter to get my latest recipes! When you sign up you get The 5 Essential Recipes All Busy Moms Need.
Italian Chicken Salad
- 8 oz Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken cooked according to package directions
- 6 oz or one bag of red and green leaf lettuce
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red peppers
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 14 slices of small salami quartered
- ½ cup croutons
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- ½ cup of cubed fresh mozzarella
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes
- ⅓ cup Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing
- Rinse, dry and tear lettuce and place in large bowl.
- Add peppers, onions, salami, croutons, basil, mozzarella, and sundried tomatoes.
- Cook Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken according to package directions and add to top of salad.
- Pour Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing over top and toss to combine all ingredients.