The holiday season can be a busy time and there are nights I don't have a lot of time to get dinner on the table. I love family friendly recipes that are quick and easy to prepare. This Barilla Italian Tortellini Salad is great for busy evenings since you can prepare the tortellini the day before and add the other ingredients before serving. This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™ and Barilla, but all my opinions are my own. If you love these flavors, check out Baked Tortellini With Meat Sauce.
I stopped by Safeway after dropping the twins at Kindergarten, looking for some staples that would work for a variety of meals. Pasta and sauce are some of my favorite staples when I am short on time. The Barilla Tortellini cooks in just 10 minutes and can be topped with yummy sauces like Barilla Marinara or Barilla Roasted Garlic. If you are a garlic lover like me, you will certainly appreciate the garlic flavor.
- One package of Barilla Tortellini (serves 4-6)
- ½ cup of Marinara sauce
- 12 slices of salami
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
Cook tortellini according to package directions. When it is done, drain and return to pot. Add ½ cup of Barilla Marinara sauce to the tortellini. Stir and heat until the sauce has warmed. Allow to cool and store in the refrigerator overnight.
The next day, cut up salami into small bite sized pieces and cut the mozzarella into small chunks. Take the tortellini out of the refrigerator and place in a large bowl. Add the salami and mozzarella and stir.
Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top and serve. What I love about this dish is that it is very versatile. As long as you start with a base of quality tortellini and sauce, you can add a variety of things from your refrigerator. Sun dried tomatoes, olives, fresh basil, onions or peppers would make a great addition as well. Since the dish is served cold, it's great to bring to a party since it can sit out for a bit.
Italian Tortellini Salad
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. When it is done, drain and return to pot.
- Add the Marinara sauce to the tortellini. Stir and heat until the sauce has warmed. Allow to cool and store in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.
- When the tortellini is cold, cut up salami into small bite sized pieces and cut the mozzarella into small chunks. Place tortellini in a large bowl. Add the salami and mozzarella and stir.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top and serve.