This Baked Tortellini with Meat Sauce dish takes frozen cheese tortellini and transforms it into a wonderful feast in just 40 minutes!
⭐Why You'll Love This Recipe
- This simple recipe is ready in just 40 minutes
- A dinner even picky eaters enjoy
- Easy, cheesy and delicious!
- Ground beef
- Pasta sauce
- Cheese tortellini, frozen
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Ricotta cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
🔪How to make baked tortellini with beef
To start, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Add the ground beef to a large pan, and season with the garlic and Italian seasoning.
Brown the beef in the skillet over medium high heat.
While the ground beef is cooking, bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and put aside the pasta.
Once the ground beef is cooked, drain off the excess grease.
Add the pasta sauce to the ground beef. You can use my favorite homemade marinara sauce recipe.
Next, add the ricotta cheese to the skillet.
Stir the mixture well, allowing the ricotta to melt into the sauce.
Add the cooked tortellini to the skillet, and lightly toss to coat the tortellini in the sauce.
Grease a 9×13 casserole dish with cooking spray and pour the pasta and meat mixture into it.
Layer shredded mozzarella and Parmesan cheese on top of the tortellini.
Bake the tortellini casserole on the center rack for 20 minutes. Turn the broiler on high, and bake for an additional 3 minutes.
Remove the pasta dish from the oven. This Baked Tortellini with Meat Sauce is ready to serve!
This is one of those recipes that I love because it’s a dish I can make every week and my family never tires of it. You can make it with fresh or frozen tortellini and it tastes just as good!
This nutrition information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Some sliced baguette bread, garlic bread, or a side salad are the perfect accompaniment to this dish.
I prefer marinara sauce, but it is up to you and what you have one hand.
Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
🍝Related Pasta Recipes
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you REALLY like this, consider leaving a comment below. Thanks!
Baked Tortellini with Meat Sauce
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 1 24oz jar Pasta sauce
- 1 19oz bag Cheese tortellini, frozen
- 2 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 oz Ricotta cheese
- 1 cups Mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the ground beef to a large skillet, and season with the garlic and Italian seasoning.
- Brown over medium heat.
- While the ground is cooking, cook the pasta a la dente according to the package directions; drain and set aside.
- Once the ground beef is cooked, drain the excess grease.
- Add the pasta sauce and ricotta cheese to the skillet, stir well, and allow it to melt.
- Add the cooked tortellini into the skillet, and lightly toss.
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish and pour the mixture in.
- Top with layers of shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Bake on the center rack for 20 minutes.Turn the broiler on high, and bake for an additional 3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and serve hot.
This is my go to meat sauce recipe. So tasty. We use it for everything!
I totally love the flavors here. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe
I Just tried this recipe and my family loved it. It was so easy and the flavors were fantastic.
I loved this recipe! Instead of pouring it into a baking dish, I just made the entire thing in a large oven-safe skillet to make it a one-pot meal. Saved on a dish and was totally delish!
I love anything cheese tortellini! Where I live I can only get very small packages of it, so I have to usually buy 3. That's okay, though, it's totally worth it! I love how it takes on the flavors of the sauce it's baked in. Delicious!