Chinese Chicken Salad is usually one of my go-to meals when dining out. It is tasty and filling, but not Keto friendly. That is why I love this recipe for Keto Chinese Chicken Salad. I can enjoy all of my favorite flavors at home (which saves me money - bonus!) and stay on program. This salad makes a great lunch or dinner. If you are serving this salad to people who are not following the Keto program, feel free to serve with crunchy chow mein noodles, as I have pictured below. Be sure to also check out these other Keto chicken dishes, Keto Chinese Chicken and Broccoli and Keto Chicken Broccoli Casserole with Cauliflower.
Keto Chinese Chicken Salad
To make this salad, you'll want to start by putting together the Asian dressing. Combine oil, vinegar, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ginger, and sesame oil in a small bowl. Whisk the ingredients until they are fully combined.
You'll want to let the dressing to sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes, so the flavors can blend while you are preparing the rest of the salad. You can refrigerate this dressing for up to 4 days.
Once the dressing is prepared, it is time to work on assembling the salad.
In a large salad bowl, combine the cabbage, chicken, carrots, scallions, and cilantro. Remix the dressing to recombine and drizzle it over the salad.
Toss everything until evenly coated. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and if you are serving this to someone who isn't watching their carbs, feel free to add chow mein noodles.
To make this Keto friendly, simply omit the noodles. You might also enjoy this 3 Ingredient Asian Slaw for days when you are not on Keto.
I love how versatile this Keto Chinese Chicken Salad is, and how you can easily add some easy ingredients to make it a yummy meal for whoever you are serving. Be sure to also check out our Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl.
Keto Chinese Chicken Salad
Ingredients for dressing
Ingredients for Salad
- 4 cups cooked chicken diced
- 1 pound Napa cabbage cored and shredded
- 2 cups red cabbage finely shredded
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 bunch scallions sliced thin
- ¼ cup cilantro minced
- 2 TBsp. sesame seeds for garnish - optional
- In a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ginger, and sesame oil. Whisk until fully combined.
- Allow dressing to sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes for flavors to blend while preparing the rest of the salad. Or, refrigerate for up to 4 days.
- In a large salad bowl combine the cabbage, chicken, carrots, scallions, and cilantro. Remix up the dressing to recombine and drizzle over the salad.
- Toss everything until evenly coated. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and optional chow mein noodles (skip if following keto) and serve.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT BUTCHER BOX?
They deliver 100% grass-fed beef; free-range organic chicken; heritage-breed pork, wild-caught seafood, and more directly to your door. Butcher Box brings you the healthiest, highest quality meat while causing as little harm as they can to the environment. They work directly with a group of family farms to get you the best meat out there. You choose your box and delivery frequency and get free shipping.
You could go around town looking for the best deal, but the quality of the meats and the sourcing won’t be the same. Check it out here and see if it’s for you!
If you enjoyed the Keto Chinese Chicken Salad, you'll love: