Every Tuesday afternoon my twins have drama class until 6pm. Between dropping them off, picking them up and spending time with my youngest, I don’t have a lot of time for dinner prep. Enter my crockpot. If you have ever cooked with a crockpot then you know how it just simplifies the entire dinner prep process. I get this Mexican Crockpot Chicken prepared around 2pm when my kids are at school. It takes just minutes to get all the ingredients in the pot. Then I set it on high and contnue with my day. When we get home from drama practice we have a delicious meal that was easy to prepare. For more crockpot options, be sure to check out our Slow Cooker Chicken and Stuffing as well as all of our family friendly recipes.
This post contains affiliate links, so if you buy a linked item I get a small commission. For more information please read my disclosure.
One of my favorite things about this crockpot chicken recipe is that it can be made with just six ingredients. That’s it! You start out with just four ingredients – chicken, salsa, corn and black beans.
You can cook this 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
Once it is cooked, use two forks to shred he chicken. Then stir up all the ingredients.
Add some cheese and cover for a few minutes so it gets all nice and gooey.
This meal is so versatile. You can have it in a burrito or taco or just by itself.
I love serving this with some sliced avocado. I also add a little more salsa to the top and a sprinkle of cheese.
This chicken is so filling, moist and flavorful and it has become our Tuesday night meal. Do you have an evening that is super busy as well? Try this Mexican Crockpot Chicken and take the stress out of dinner.
- 3 fresh or defrosted chicken breasts
- ½ can of corn, drained
- ½ can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¾ cup of salsa
- ¾ cup of cheddar/jack shredded cheese
- 1 sliced avocado
- Defrost chicken breasts and place in slow cooker.
- Add beans, corn and salsa on top of the chicken.
- Cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low. When there are 30 minutes left in the cooking time, open the pot and shred the chicken with two forks. Mix the ingredients together.
- Sprinkle with cheese and replace the cover for the remainder of the cooking time.
- Serve with sliced avocado.
- Optional: serve on tortilla or over white rice.
If you are looking to feed a family and save money with make ahead meals, then one of the best resources I have found is MyFreezEasy. You will be able to create your own meal plans so you can make 10 to 12 meals for your freezer in less than one hour. You can choose from gluten free, slow cooker and clean eating options. You’ll be able to get 10 meals into your freezer without spending all afternoon in the kitchen.