This Crockpot Chicken and Noodles recipe is the ultimate in comfort food and perfect when you are pressed for time as you can just throw it in the slow cooker and walk away. After a few hours, you'll have moist and deliciously flavored chicken that goes perfectly with egg noodles.
Why this crockpot chicken is awesome
This slow cooker chicken and noodles is a perfect fall recipe. Why? It is stick to your ribs comfort food that is great to warm your belly on a chilly fall night. Not to mention, fall is when school and kids sports and activities ramps up. You probably don't have a lot of time to spend cooking, so you'll love the minimal prep of this homemade chicken and noodles.
Ingredients for chicken and noodles in the crockpot
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts - I used fresh chicken, but you can use frozen if you defrost them first. I get my chicken from ButcherBox, which delivers the healthiest, highest quality meat while causing as little harm as they can to the environment.
Cream of chicken soup - If you watching fat, you can use a lower fat or free free soup without sacrificing much in taste.
Zesty Italian salad dressing mix - This dressing mix is so versatile. You can obviously use it to make dressing, but you can also use it as a seasoning to add an extra zing to a meal.
Cream cheese - The cream cheese works to make this slow cooker chicken creamy.
Italian seasoning - made with basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, and marjoram.
Salt and pepper - to taste
not shown - egg noodles, water
How to make old fashioned chicken and noodles
Place the boneless skinless chicken breasts in the crockpot. Add one can of cream of chicken soup and 1 cup of water.
Sprinkle on Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Then sprinkle Italian dressing mix over the chicken and soup.
Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or until the chicken is 165 degrees when measured with a food thermometer.
Remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred with shredding claws or two forks. Never heard of shredding claws? They are awesome and make shredding chicken a breeze. Whenever I use two forks to shred, my hands end up hurting. But no pain with the claws.
Return the chicken to the crockpot and add slices of cream cheese. Stir mixture to combine and melt the cream cheese.
Add in the egg noodles and stir to combine. I had spiral egg noodles, but it really doesn't matter what you kind you use.
Replace cover on slow cooker and cook for an additional 30-40 minutes or until the noodles are cooked.
Serve with some garlic bread and a side salad and you have an easy meal idea your family will ask you to make all the time.
Crockpot Chicken and Noodles
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 10.5 oz cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 oz package of zesty Italian salad dressing mix
- 8 oz sliced cream cheese
- 8 oz egg noodles uncooked
- Place the boneless skinless chicken breasts in the crockpot.
- Add one can of cream of chicken soup and 1 cup of water.
- Sprinkle on Italian seasoning and salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle Italian dressing mix over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or until the chicken is 165 degrees when measured with a food thermometer.
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred with shredding claws or two forks.
- Return the chicken to the crockpot and add slices of cream cheese. Stir mixture to combine and melt cream cheese.
- Add in the uncooked egg noodles and stir to combine.
- Replace cover on slow cooker and cook for an additional 30-40 minutes or until the noodles are cooked.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
You can add some more water, stir and let it cook for 15 more minutes.
Sure! Broccoli works well. Add it when you add the noodles and you will be good to go!
Place in an air tight container and refrigerate for 3-4 days. You can just heat it up for a few minutes in the microwave.