- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- ½ teaspoon of salt
My kids each had two popovers. These are so simple to make and cook up fairly quickly. They make a perfect breakfast or snack. I can't decide if I like them better with butter or jam. Even after I had one each way, I still couldn't make up my mind. I guess there will be more popovers in my future.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Pour flour, milk, eggs, melted butter and salt into a large bowl and mix thoroughly with a mixer.
- Pour the mixture evenly into a well greased 12 cup muffin tin.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 25 minutes and reduce heat to 350 degrees for the final 10 minutes.
- Some people insist on using popover pans, but this is just another expense and I feel like our popovers were just as good in a traditional muffin tin.
- If you use a popover pan, the popovers will rise up more and be higher, but we were pretty pleased with our popovers.
- Even if you are tempted, do not open the oven door when they are baking or the popovers will collapse.