These Thanksgiving Pretzel Rods are adorable treat that you can make with your kids! Learn how to use chocolate frosting, candy corn, candy eyes, Reese's Pieces and peanut butter cups to transform ordinary pretzel rods into this adorable snack. These turkey-inspired snacks make the perfect Thanksgiving treat! You'll also love these Thanksgiving Snacks for Kids.
⭐Why Thanksgiving Pretzel Rods Are Awesome
- Makes a perfect Thanksgiving dessert that kids can easily make themselves.
- Easy to make since they use frosting instead of melted chocolate.
- A great way to use leftover Halloween candy!
- Pretzel Rods - These will be the base of your treat. Since they are salted they help create a salty sweet combo.
- Chocolate Frosting - These turkey pretzels are super easy to make because they use store bought frosting instead of melted chocolate.
- Candy Eyes - Can be found in the baking section of most stores.
- Candy Corn - These colorful candies make the turkey's feathers.
- Reese’s Pieces - Cut them in half for the turkey nose.
- Reese’s Cups - I find that the Reese's thins work better for this treat.
📋How To Make Turkey Pretzel Rods
STEP 1: Smother a pretzel stick in chocolate frosting and stick it onto a Reese’s cup.
STEP 2: Place eyes onto the frosting near the top of the pretzel rod.
STEP 3: Place candy corn in a fan shape on the peanut butter cup on top of pretzel. Use the frosting as glue to help them stick.
STEP 4: Cut a Reese’s pieces in half and stick it onto the pretzel to create the beak of each turkey.
Tip 1: For a little more pizazz, you can add Thanksgiving sprinkles to the chocolate frosting on the pretzel stick turkeys.
Tip 2: If you are making these chocolate covered pretzels the day before, you can store them in the refrigerator until they are ready to eat.
I don't have Reese's pieces. What else can I use on these Thanksgiving Pretzel Rods?
You can also use an M&M cut in half.
How do I store these turkey pretzel sticks?
You can store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. If you plan to eat them the same day, you can leave the pretzels at room temperature.
🌟If you try this recipe, leave a star rating below or a review in the comment section. Be sure to sign up for my newsletter to get my latest recipes! When you sign up you get The 5 Essential Recipes All Busy Moms Need.
Thanksgiving Pretzel Rods
- 8 Pretzel Rods
- 1 cup Frosting chocolate
- 16 Candy Eyes
- 72 pieces Candy corn
- 4 pieces Reese’s Pieces candy cut in half
- 8 Reese’s peanut butter cups
- Smother a pretzel stick in chocolate frosting and stick it onto a Reese’s cup.
- Stick on two candy eyes.
- Create Turkey feathers using candy corn and frosting as glue.
- Cut a Reese’s pieces in half and stick it onto the pretzel to create a beak.
- For a little more pizazz, you can add Thanksgiving sprinkles to the chocolate frosting on the pretzel stick turkeys.
- If you are making these chocolate covered pretzels the day before, you can store them in the refrigerator until they are ready to eat.