Are you looking for an easy and yummy appetizer idea to serve at your next gathering? Well, your search is over, because these Baked Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs are an easy, cheesy crowd pleaser. This is one of my favorite meatball recipes. Guests will be surprised when they take a bite into these and taste the mozzarella cheese. You can also make a batch of these and serve them with some spaghetti and marinara sauce for a tasty dinner that the whole family will love. Be sure to also try our Instant Pot Orange Glazed Meatballs and our 4 Ingredient Easy Meatballs.
Why these mozzarella meatballs are awesome
- Great for an appetizer or served with pasta for a main dish
- 35 minutes from start to finish
- Baked, not fried!
- lean ground beef
- Italian sausage (remove from casings)
- Italian style breadcrumbs
- garlic powder
- black pepper
- mozzarella cheese
How to make mozzarella stuffed meatballs
To make these baked mozzarella stuffed meatballs, start out by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine ground beef, sausage that has been removed from casings, breadcrumbs, egg, parsley, basil, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Now it is time to get in there and mix the ingredients with your hands until they are well combined. You want to take off any rings before you do this. Trust me, cleaning meat out of rings is not fun. I love this ring holder!
Scoop meat mixture by the tablespoon full and form into small disks.
Next, comes my favorite part - adding the cheese! Because you know, cheese makes everything better! Add a pinch of shredded mozzarella cheese to the center of each disk.
Now we need to form these into meatballs. To do so, pinch the ends of each disk together to seal in the cheese, then roll the disk in between your hands until a ball forms.
Place the meatballs in a greased baking dish or baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through. You can also line your pan with parchment paper for easier cleanup.
Remove the meatballs from the oven and garnish with marinara sauce.
If you are serving these at a party, pop some festive toothpicks in them. You can also set up a little bowl of marinara sauce at the center of the table. People can now easily dip them into the sauce.
You can also serve these meatballs with spaghetti noodles for a hearty meal.
Baked Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine ground beef, sausage that has been removed from casings, breadcrumbs, egg, parsley, basil, oregano, garlic powder, pepper, and salt in a large bowl. Using your hands, mix together ingredients until well
- Using your hands, mix together ingredients until well combined.
- Scoop meat mixture by the tablespoon and form into small disks.
- Add a pinch of shredded mozzarella cheese to each disk.
- To form a ball, pinch the ends of each disk together to seal in the cheese, then roll the disk in between your hands until a ball forms.
- Place the meatballs in a greased baking dish and bake for 25 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
Place in an airtight container and store in the fridge for 4-5 days.
Yes, ground turkey or ground chicken is a great way to make this dish healthier. Turkey meatballs and chicken meatballs are still tasty when combined with these seasonings.