Even the pickiest kids usually love pizza. But you can't always go out for pizza or make an entire pie from scratch. These homemade pizza rolls is the answer for when your kid is having a pizza craving. It makes a quick and easy snack or lunch, and the best part is that kids can help to make it. With just a few ingredients, this recipe could not be easier!
Why you'll love this Easy Pizza Rolls Recipe
- Taste like store bought pizza rolls
- Perfect grab-and-go food
- Not just for dinner - they make a great snack too!
- Refrigerated pizza crust
- Pizza sauce or marinara sauce
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Dried basil
How to make pizza rolls
Before you start this easy pizza rolls recipe, preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Then lightly grease a baking sheet and set it aside.
Have you ever tried those refrigerated crescent rolls in a tube? In the same section of the store, you can find refrigerated pizza dough crust in a tube. You just unroll it and use. So easy! Unroll a tube of refrigerated pizza crust onto a large cutting board.
Spread ⅔ cup of pizza sauce over the dough. You don't want to use too much or it will come out of the sides when you roll the dough.
Sprinkle with 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
Carefully roll the pizza dough to make a log shape. Pinch the ends of the dough and slice into individual pieces using a pizza cutter or serrated knife.
Bake at 425 for 15-20 minutes in a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray or lined with parchment paper. Bake until the cheese is melted and rolls are a light golden brown. If the rolls start to brown early, just pop some foil on the tops of the rolls for the remainder of the cooking time.
When they come out of the oven, sprinkle with a dash of dried basil or garlic powder. Serve with a side of pizza sauce for dipping. For a fun variation, try adding some chopped pepperoni before you roll up the dough to make pepperoni rolls.
Homemade Pizza Rolls
- Preheat oven to 425. Lightly grease a baking sheet. Set aside.
- Unroll a package of refrigerated pizza crust onto a large cutting board.
- Spread ⅔ cup of pizza sauce over the dough.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup Mozzarella cheese.
- Carefully roll the dough to make a log shape.
- Pinch the sides and using a pizza cutter or knife, slice into 10 individual pieces.
- Bake at 425 for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted and rolls are a light golden brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle a dash of dried basil on top. Serve with pizza sauce for dipping.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
You can use all of your favorite pizza toppings before rolling up the dough, like Italian sausage, bell peppers and mushrooms. Just make sure not to stuff them too full. There are so many yummy variations to this recipe!
You can store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
I like to serve them with a Cesar salad.