If your kids are picky eaters, raise your hand. Yup, that's me with both hands up. If I had a third hand that would be up too since I have three picky eaters. If you have been a reader for any length of time, you already know that. So, when I find something that they will actually eat, I stick with it. One thing I discovered, is that they love crescents. You know, the kind in the tube. I have tried many variations from pigs in a blanket to Pizza Crescents and they always eat them. I was trying to think of more ways to fill a crescent and came up with a pepperoni pizza filling. These Pepperoni Pizza Crescents were a hit! Your kids will also love these 4 Ingredient Pizza Bagels.
Pepperoni Pizza Crescents
How easy is this recipe? Well, you only need 4 ingredients to make it and kids can help.
My daughter felt quite responsible as she used a dull, plastic knife to cut through the string cheese. Please supervise your children even if they are working with dull plastic knives.
Making these pepperoni pizza crescents is simple. Just add one tablespoon of sauce to the center of a crescent.
Add half the string cheese and one slice of pepperoni on top.
For my daughter, rolling was especially fun. This step can get a little messy as sauce drips out.
I make these pepperoni pizza crescents in a toaster oven since they are super quick. No reason to warm up the big oven. If the tops start to brown too much, cover with foil for the remainder of the cooking time.
Please wait a few minutes before eating these since the melted cheese is hot when they come out of the oven.
If you are looking for a quick and easy kids meal or a tasty snack, look no further. I have to say of everything we made using crescent rolls these pepperoni pizza crescents were my favorites. You just can't beat the yummy taste of pizza combined with a flaky crescent roll.
Pepperoni Pizza Crescents
- 8 crescent rolls
- 8 tablespoons of marinara sauce
- 4 string cheese mozzarella
- 8 slices of pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut string cheese in half so you have 8 pieces.
- Unroll the crescent rolls and separate into eight triangles.
- For each triangle of crescent dough:
- Spoon one tablespoon of marinara sauce into the center of the crescent.
- Place half of the string cheese and pepperoni on top.
- Roll up the crescent around the cheese stick and pepperoni.
- Pinch the edges of the dough so that no sauce or cheese is visible.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven on a greased pan for 9-12 minutes until golden brown.
If you like this recipe you'll love: